University of Idaho
Employee Category: Exempt
Pay Range: $50,000 - $55,000, depending on education and experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
This position participates in the efforts of the General Accounting staff performing various professional accounting and administrative functions regarding the central operating funds of the University and related duties. Typical duties may include but are not restricted to: analyzing transactions for appropriateness and making corrections, researching and resolving questions and problems from departmental staff, preparing journal entries, preparing required federal and state financial reports, preparing fiscal monthly and year-end statements and schedules, using knowledge of GAAP (generally accepted accounting principles), governmental regulations and University of Idaho procedures to make decisions concerning the proper allocation and expenditure of University funds.
Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting or related; Certified Public Accounting Certification may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Experience: developing and preparing financial documents; using a personal computer to develop, analyze, and report on financial data; analyzing financial activities and recommending management action.
- Experience applying accounting theory, principles, and practices.
- Education/Certification: CPA, CMA
- Considerable knowledge of: professional accounting theory, principles, practices, techniques and procedures; internal controls.
- Good knowledge of: computerized accounting systems, Excel, Microsoft Work, Microsoft Access, SungardHE Banner Financial System, the UI financial process, governmental accounting
- Knowledge of: design and modification of accounting, budgeting and/or payroll systems; computerized accounting systems.
- Demonstrate ability to: prepare narrative and statistical reports, financial statements, projections and schedules; communicate effectively orally in and writing.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: SP002728P
Posting Date: 03/02/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
For the required Cover Letter/Letter of Application document, please address each of the required experiences and additional preferred listed in the job description.
Review of applications will begin on March 19, 2021. Priority consideration will be given to applications received by that date.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.