Assistant Professor - Physics
Assistant Professor - Tenure Track
College of Arts and Sciences
The Physics Department at Adelphi University invites applications for a full-time tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor beginning Fall 2021. The successful candidate will be joining a program that is deeply committed to engaging undergraduate students in high-impact educational experiences through teaching, research, and mentoring. We will begin reviewing applications on April 15, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled. This position is subject to the final approval of the Board of Trustees at its March 2021 meeting or later.
- Candidates will be expected to teach a range of undergraduate physics courses.
- Develop and maintain an active research program that involves Adelphi undergraduate students.
- Engage with the community at-large (e.g., work with our industry partners, develop high-school outreach programs, etc).
- Lead and mentor STEM students at Adelphi University.
- Engage in service at various levels including at Adelphi and professionally.
- Candidates for this Assistant Professor Tenure-track position must have a PhD and will begin teaching no later than the Fall 2021 semester.
- Candidates from all areas of physics will be considered. However, applicants with optics research experience will be given preference
- Experience interacting with diverse populations and/or students of color.
- Experience with online teaching is preferred (but not required).
- Applicants should submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, statements of teaching and research interests, selected reprints/preprints, teaching evaluation forms, and three letters of recommendation (please send letters of recommendation to the following link: firstname.lastname@example.org ).
- Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
- Questions should be forwarded to Professor Matthew Wright at email@example.com .
- To be considered, applications must be submitted through the Adelphi website at https://www.adelphi.edu/hr/open-positions/.
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally ranked, powerfully connected research and teaching university dedicated to transforming students' lives through small classes with world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with particular strength in our Core Four—Arts and Humanities, STEM and Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health and Wellness. Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News & World Report, Adelphi is Long Island's oldest private coeducational university, serving more than 8,100 students at its beautiful main campus in Garden City, at learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson Valley and Suffolk County, and online. The University offers students more than 50 undergraduate majors and 70 graduate programs in the liberal arts, the sciences and professional training. With powerful partnerships throughout the New York area, more than 115,000 graduates across the country, a growing enrollment of students from 41 states and 58 countries, and rising rankings from top publications and organizations, Adelphi is a dynamic community that plays a leadership role on Long Island and in the region.
The Adelphi Department of Physics boosts a successful mid-sized physics department that averages about 60 students at any given time. The department's primary focus is on the development of undergraduate students that are in our program.
The department has an applied physics, optics focus that propels undergraduates into a range of careers including electrical engineering, biomedical engineering, optics, and physics. Many of our undergraduate students participate in joint physics-engineering programs with our partner universities.
For additional information about our program please visit: https://www.adelphi.edu/program/undergraduate/physics.
To apply, visit https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=ADELPHI&cws=43&rid=2503