Clinical Assistant Professor - Mental Health Counseling
Clinical Assistant Professor
Mental Health Counseling
Derner School of Psychology
The Gordon F. Derner School of Psychology seeks to enhance its roster of faculty through the addition of a clinical assistant professor with strong knowledge of counseling, assessment, and research methods. Applicants for this position must have a PhD by August 2021 and will begin teaching in Fall 2021.
- Candidates will be expected to teach courses in the Mental Health Counseling program. As a core faculty member of the program, the candidate will be expected to teach clinical courses in counseling, assessment, and, if needed, develop a course in his/her area of expertise.
- Advising, and mentoring of students is required, as well as providing service to the school and university as determined by the Dean.
- Interest in research in counseling processes, counselor education, and related areas is desired but not required.
- Candidates must have completed a Ph.D. in counselor education or mental health counseling from a CACREP-accredited program by the time of hiring.
- Candidates should be licensed as an LMHC or LPC and/or eligible for such licensure in New York State.
- Candidates must be able to integrate their clinical experience, scholarship, teaching, and service, as well as collaborate with interdisciplinary faculty of counselors, psychologists, and psychoanalysts.
- Candidates must be involved in ACA and/or related regional associations in the field of counseling and counselor education.
- Priority will be given to individuals with teaching experience in the following areas: counseling practice, diversity/social justice, or in specialty areas such as substance use disorders, child/adolescent psychotherapy, or forensics.
- Applicants should submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, statement of teaching interests, selected reprints/preprints if available, teaching evaluation forms, and three letters of recommendations. Please have letters sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Review of applications will begin immediately and will end on April 1st.
- To be considered, applications must be submitted through the Adelphi website only at https://www.adelphi.edu/hr/open-positions/.
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally ranked, powerfully connected doctoral research and teaching university dedicated to transforming students' lives through small classes with world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with particular strength in our Core Four—Arts and Humanities, STEM and Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health and Wellness. Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News & World Report, Adelphi is Long Island's oldest private coeducational university, serving more than 8,100 students at its beautiful main campus in Garden City, at learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson Valley and Suffolk County, and online. The University offers students more than 50 undergraduate majors and 70 graduate programs in the liberal arts, the sciences and professional training. With powerful partnerships throughout the New York area, more than 115,000 graduates across the country, a growing enrollment of students from 41 states and 58 countries, and rising rankings from top publications and organizations, Adelphi is a dynamic community that plays a leadership role on Long Island and in the region.
ABOUT THE GORDON F. DERNER SCHOOL OF PSYCHOLOGY:
The Gordon F Derner School of Psychology is committed to have a diverse and inclusive faculty and thus especially invites applications from women, minorities, and historically disadvantaged groups. For further information about the Derner School of Psychology which includes an APA approved PhD in Clinical Psychology, a School Psychology PsyD, and MA programs in General Psychology, School psychology, and Mental Health counseling, and post-graduate programs as well as one of the largest undergraduate majors at Adelphi, please click here: https://derner.adelphi.edu.
To apply, visit https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=ADELPHI&cws=43&rid=2502