Assistant Professor, Biology
The professor would be required to teach at least four undergraduate classes per semester selected from, but not limited to: A&P l Lecture and Lab, A&P ll Lecture and Lab, Biology l Lecture and Lab, Biology ll Lecture and Lab, Cell Biology, Genetics, and Microbiology Lecture and Lab. Other classes may be available for additional compensation. In addition, the position requires mentoring the students in doing independent study projects. Current active research program and/or some administrative experience are definite pluses. Rank and salary dependent on qualifications.
• The instructors of Biology will be responsible for a wide
range of activities including but not limited to the
• Teach at least four undergraduate courses/labs per semester including a wide range of courses from required to advanced courses in Biology.
• Plan for instructional activities to include, but not limited to, lecture, class discussion, demonstration labs, and projects.
• Understanding and experience in distance learning.
• Mentor students in doing independent study projects.
• Provide academic student advisement; participate in student recruitment activities related to programs that require biology.
• Serve on college committees.
• Participate in ongoing professional development toward an understanding of advances and developments in biology and related sciences as well as the teaching profession.
• Contribute to the department’s curriculum development efforts.
• A Doctoral Degree in Biology Required
• Some experience in teaching at the college level
• Funded research and experience with grant writing a plus.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Requires ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with frequent high levels of urgency or sensitivity.
• Must be able to work collaboratively and effectively with colleagues in a team environment.
• Strong interpersonal skills are required, both written and oral, as well as a high level of sophistication and maturity in social and professional settings.
• Proficiency in Canvas, Microsoft Office including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.