An exciting leadership opportunity exists at a progressive college located in the Pee Dee Region of South Carolina. The College serves a population of more than 236,000 in a three-county service area including Florence, Darlington and Marion counties.
The Presidential Search Committee for Florence-Darlington Technical College (FDTC), one of sixteen colleges comprising the South Carolina Technical College System invites applications and nominations for the position of President, the Chief Executive Officer of the College. FDTC is a comprehensive, public, two-year college dedicated to fostering a positive environment of teaching and learning for faculty, staff and students.
Established in 1963 and accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges, FDTC offers more than 85 degree, diploma and certificate programs leading to careers in business, engineering technology, health care, human services, manufacturing and many other fields of study. The College’s vast array of programs prepares students to enter the job market, transfer to senior colleges and universities, and achieve their professional and personal goals. FDTC serves students through traditional and non-traditional formats in multiple learning environments including electronic instructional methods. The 2020 combined student population of the College was 3233 with an FTE enrollment of 2070. The College employs a permanent faculty and staff of 226.
- Master’s degree required; earned Doctorate preferred; and
- Ten years’ experience as an academic executive and/or administrative leader; preferably in a technical or community college setting.
The Florence-Darlington Technical College Area Commission is seeking a high-energy, ethical, visionary, and collaborative leader who possesses the following:
- An open, proactive, creative, and participatory style of leadership that embraces collaborative decision-making and relationships;
- Demonstrated effective leadership qualities and characteristics that model and inspire excellence and dedication in faculty, staff and students;
- A clear understanding of and commitment to the philosophy and mission of a comprehensive technical/community college and excellence in teaching, student success and academic integrity;
- Demonstrated ability to serve effectively as the face of a technical/community college, building relationships on- and off campus with government (local, state, and national), business, community, and educational leaders;
- A proven record of extensive experience in institutional strategic planning and implementation;
- Knowledge of current and emerging issues, trends, and strategies in technical/community college and public higher education; and
- Demonstrated success as a fiscally responsible leader who utilizes budget policies and procedures as well as student outcomes and related data in making strategic fiscally sound decisions that will benefit the college.
Florence-Darlington Technical College is in Group II of colleges within the South Carolina Technical College System. The salary offered is based on experience and other factors and is determined by the SC Agency Head Salary Commission. The salary range for Group II is $159,869 to $247,827. Applications and nominations will be accepted until a suitable candidate is identified. Consideration will also be given to candidates with leadership experience in mid-sized organizations, especially growing organizations, and to those with both business and academic experience. Persons interested in this leadership opportunity should submit a letter of application and current resume or vitae to:
Kandy N. Peacock
Vice President and Chief Human Resource Officer
South Carolina Technical College System
111 Executive Center Drive
Columbia, SC 29210
Email Address: FDTCSearch@sctechsystem.edu
Please visit the Florence-Darlington Technical College website at: https://www.fdtc.edu