Director, Data and Analytics Operations
Job Description Summary
The Director, Data and Analytics Operations will report to the Chief Information Officer and will be responsible for co-leading mission critical efforts supporting data architecture, integrations and analytics services as well as managing day to operations. This work includes:
• Overseeing the end-to-end management of data warehousing modernization effort supporting several lines of business throughout he university
• Collaborating with architecture and strategy team to establish and execute short and long term strategic plans along with tactical prioritization, goals, policies, and procedures for the Data Warehouse team.
• Directing a team of service managers with other services areas to support the daily production operations, monitoring, incident management, and problem resolution.
• Working closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. You will be responsible for building close working relationships across IT, including Systems, Networking, Cloud, Academic Computing and the Project Management Office as well as other organizations across campus.
• Provide technical guidance and direction with vendors in support of product roadmaps and strategic goals
- Education:Bachelor's Degree. Master's degree preferred.
- Years Experience: 7 to 10+ years of progressive IT-related management experience both strategic and tactical.
- Proven experience in developing and managing teams, coaching and mentoring team members.
- Solid command of data management principles, data design concepts, and relational database management systems.
- Solid command of current data warehouse, reporting and analytics concepts and technologies.
- Practical experience with managing current enterprise reporting and analytics concepts, products, data governance and tools in a large or medium size environment (higher education experience preferred but not required).
- Proven ability to balance day-to-day (operational) work with new project work
- Excellent (written and verbal) communication skills and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of modern data architecture and tools (Informatics, Azure Data Factory, Five Tran, Tableau, Power BI, and/or similar tool sets
Bentley University requires references checks and may conduct other pre-employment screening.
Bentley University strives to create a campus community that welcomes the exchange of ideas, and fosters a culture that values differences and views them as a strength in our community.
Bentley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building strength through diversity. The University is committed to building a community of talented students, faculty and staff who reflect the diversity of global business. We strongly encourage applications from persons from underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities, covered veterans and those with diverse experiences and backgrounds.