INSTRUCTOR OR TENURE-TRACK ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
Emporia State University invites applications for an Instructor or tenure-track Assistant Professor position in the Department of Elementary Education/Early Childhood/Special Education, located in the Emporia, Kansas area. The appointment will commence on August 11, 2021.
The successful applicant will have the education and related professional experience to teach elementary mathematics methods classes to undergraduates and graduates, incorporating the latest strategies and methodologies. The position may include teaching face-to-face courses on campus in Emporia as well as at our distance site Wichita, KS, and teaching online graduate or undergraduate courses. In addition, the position will supervise student teachers in area Professional Development Schools. Service and scholarship are also required.
- Five or more years of successful elementary and/or middle school teaching experience
- Training in research-based approaches to teach and assess elementary science and/or mathematics methods courses
- Outstanding collaboration skills
- A Master’s degree with an emphasis in education prior to faculty appointment is required.
- Doctorate* in mathematics education, or a related doctorate with an emphasis in science education and mathematics education
- Experience teaching elementary science and/or mathematics methods courses
- Experience supervising preservice teachers in field experiences
*Applicants in a doctoral program with an identified completion date are encouraged to apply. The appointment would be as an instructor until the degree is completed.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Upload a letter of application, current vita, unofficial transcripts, and contact information (address, phone, e-mail address) for three current references to https://bit.ly/3kzDJI9. Questions can be directed to Dr. Mari Caballero, firstname.lastname@example.org, Search Committee Chair. A pre-employment background check and official transcripts will be required upon offer.
Emporia State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other factors which cannot be considered by law. www.emporia.edu