INSTRUCTOR OR TENURE-TRACK ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
Emporia State University invites applications for an Instructor or tenure-track Assistant Professor position in the Department of Elementary Education/Early Childhood/Special Education, located in the Emporia, Kansas area. The appointment will commence on August 11, 2021.
The successful applicant will have the education and related professional experience in the area of literacy and reading education. The position will involve undergraduate and/or graduate courses including both face-to-face and online courses. The successful candidate will supervise student teaching interns in Professional Development Schools. Other teaching responsibilities may be assigned based on the education and professional experience of the candidate.
This position is based on the main campus in Emporia, Kansas, with occasional teaching responsibilities at our distance sites in the Kansas City or Wichita areas.
Service and scholarship are also required.
- A minimum of five years of successful elementary K-6 classroom teaching experience in an accredited school.
- Hold or have held an elementary teaching license
- Training in research-based approaches to teach and assess elementary literacy and/or reading
- A Master’s degree with an emphasis in education prior to faculty appointment is required.
- Preference will be given to applicants with a doctorate degree with an emphasis in literacy or reading education or a related doctorate with an emphasis in literacy or reading education.
- Hold a current reading specialist license, or an out-of-state equivalent.
- Experience teaching elementary literacy and/or reading education courses, literacy and/or reading content courses for elementary education majors, and experience supervising pre-service teachers in field experiences are preferred.
Applicants in a doctoral program with a completion date identified are encouraged to apply. The successful applicant who does not possess a doctorate at the time of appointment will be hired as an instructor until successful completion of the degree.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Upload a letter of application, current vita, unofficial transcripts, and contact information (address, phone, e-mail address) for three current references at https://bit.ly/3sxJpoM. Questions can be directed to Dr. Teddy Roop, firstname.lastname@example.org, Search Committee Chair. A pre-employment background check and official transcripts will be required upon offer.
Emporia State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other factors which cannot be considered by law. www.emporia.edu.