INSTRUCTOR OR TENURE-TRACK ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
Emporia State University invites applications for an instructor or tenure-track assistant professor position in the Department of Elementary Education/Early Childhood/Special Education, located in the Emporia, Kansas area. The appointment will commence on August 11, 2021.
The successful applicant will have education and related professional experience to teach a variety of graduate and undergraduate courses (i.e., classroom management, differentiation, general curriculum and instruction, developmental theories, and introduction to the elementary education major) incorporating the latest strategies and methodologies. Other teaching responsibilities may be assigned based on the education and professional experience of the candidate.
The position may include teaching face-to-face courses on campus in Emporia as well as at our distance sites in the Kansas City or Wichita areas. Courses may be taught face-to-face and/or online. In addition, the successful candidate will also supervise student teaching interns in Professional Development Schools.
Service and scholarship are also required.
- A Master’s degree with an emphasis in education prior to faculty appointment is required.
- Five or more years of successful elementary school teaching experience. The candidate must have experience as an elementary classroom teacher in an accredited school.
- Training in research-based approaches to teach education course related to elementary curriculum, instruction, and assessment
- Doctorate in Curriculum and Instruction with an emphasis in an elementary education or related degree
- Experience teaching elementary education majors at the graduate and undergraduate level
- Experience supervising preservice teachers during student teaching semesters
Applicants in a doctoral program with an identified completion date are encouraged to apply. The successful application who does not possess a doctorate at the time of appointment will be hired as an instructor until successful completion of the degree.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Upload a letter of application, current vita, unofficial transcripts, and contact information (address, phone, e-mail address) for three current references at https://bit.ly/3r5vciT. Questions may be directed to Dr. Tiffany Hill, email@example.com, Search Committee Chair. A pre-employment background check and official transcripts will be required upon offer.
Emporia State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other factors which cannot be considered by law. www.emporia.edu.