Clinical Assistant Professor, Architecture - The Design School
The Design School at Arizona State University seeks a candidate for a full-time, benefits-eligible appointment at the rank of Clinical Assistant Professor in Architecture. The position begins August 2021. This position is renewable on an annual basis contingent upon availability of resources, satisfactory performance, and the needs of the unit.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 80,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
About the Herberger Institute for Design and the Arts
ASU’s Herberger Institute for Design and the Arts is the largest comprehensive design and arts school in the country, built on a combination of disciplines unlike any other program nationally and located within a dynamic research university focused on transformative change. The Herberger Institute comprises the schools of Art; Arts, Media and Engineering; Music, Dance and Theatre; The Design School; The Sidney Poitier New American Film School, and the ASU Art Museum. The Herberger Institute is committed to redefining the 21st-century design and arts school through developing and scaling ideas to strengthen the role of designers and artists across all areas of society and culture and to increase the capacity of artists to make a difference in their communities. For more information on the Herberger Institute for Design and the Arts, visit herbergerinstitute.asu.edu
About The Design School
The Design School is the largest and most comprehensive school for design education, with programs ranked top 20 in the nation. From programs in architecture, landscape architecture and industrial design to interior design, urban design and visual communication, our students master the skills and research techniques needed for their future design professions through innovative, transdisciplinary methods. Our mission is to educate future designers to shape collaborations, synthesize complexity and catalyze transformation for public good. By engaging in dynamic and ongoing discourse about the future of design education, we aim to create a school that is more relevant, collaborative and equitable. For more information on The Design School, visit design.asu.edu.
The Architecture Program seeks a colleague who will help further the mission of ASU. The candidate should show potential to transform the discourse around building design, have the ability to teach in studio as well as history/theory lectures, and to develop online content.
- An accredited professional degree, at the graduate level, in architecture or an international equivalent; and
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching architecture studios and history / theory courses; and
- Potential to instruct in multiple modalities, including online, in-person and hybrid to both undergraduate and graduate audiences; and
- Evidence of a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in teaching and service efforts.
Preference will be given to individuals with:
- Potential to contribute to the charter and mission of ASU; and
- Commitment to exploring the current and future role of architecture and socially responsible design practices; and
- Demonstrated potential to develop and sustain a research agenda capable of achieving national or international recognition; and
- Demonstrated experience developing and teaching interdisciplinary design curriculum; and
- An interest in online teaching and learning.
Instructions to Apply
- A letter of interest outlining qualifications for the position, research interests, teaching experience
- A curriculum vitae
- A diversity statement
- A portfolio of research and creative work, including examples of student and professional work; and
- Contact information for three references including name, e-mail address, and telephone number
All applications must be submitted electronically via http://apply.interfolio.com/83914
The application deadline is April 4, 2021 Applications will continue to be accepted on a rolling basis for a reserve pool. Applications in the reserve pool may then be reviewed in the order in which they were received until the position is filled.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses and certifications.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other
basis protected by law.
(See https://www.asu.edu/aad/manuals/acd/acd401.html and https://www.asu.edu/titleIX/.)
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Chandler
- Arts Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Chandler
- Design & Graphic Arts Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Chandler
- Professional Fields Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Chandler
- Architecture Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Chandler