Coordinator of Intramurals and Wellness Programs
The Coordinator of Intramurals and Wellness Programs is a member of the Office of Student Activities team and promotes Marian University’s Catholic mission and identity by providing a high-quality student recreation and wellness program.
This position will plan and coordinate a robust calendar of programs and activities designed to engage students in adopting an active and healthy lifestyle as part of the University’s student experience. The position requires the ability to work various times including early mornings, evenings, nights, and weekends, and the individual must be especially sensitive to issues involving the safety and security of all participants in offered programs. The Coordinator serves on various college committees, assists with student activities large campus programming, and collaborates with faculty, staff, and students to accomplish goals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values, honoring the legacy of the founding congregation, promoting unity in diversity, and integrating the Catholic Franciscan intellectual traditions in courses, programs, and services.
- Plan, implement, and coordinate a robust schedule of programs and activities, including group fitness programs for differing levels of fitness and ability, intramural sports leagues and tournaments, and open gym hours.
- Recruit, train, and supervise student employees, manage budget, and provide oversight of equipment and facilities used during programs.
- Create and implement a marketing strategy to promote and increase use of the recreation and wellness programs and events.
- Coordinate registration and manage documentation, including forms, waivers, reports, registrations, and any equipment checkout.
- Frequently work evening and weekend hours as a function of the position.
- Assist with large campus programming within the student activities office as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in sports management, physical education, recreation administration, or related field, and one year of related experience in recreational sports programming, OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Master’s degree preferred in exercise science, college student personnel, higher education leadership, counseling, or closely related field
- Currently hold, or be willing to obtain First Aid, CPR and AED training and certification
To apply online, visit: https://marian.peopleadmin.com/postings/176
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications require a cover letter, a current CV, and contact information for three professional references.
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Other Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Student Activities & Services Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis