Planned Giving Officer (Part-time)
The Planned Giving Officer (part-time) will report directly to the Senior Director of Institutional Advancement. They will manage matters related to planned gifts, including fundraising, marketing and administration.
- Identify, qualify, cultivate and solicit planned giving prospects.
- Develop, implement and administer operational protocols for all new and existing types of planned gifts.
- Create and implement planned giving marketing plan:
- Create and host planned giving seminar(s).
- Manage relationship with planned giving marketing vendor, which will include oversight of vendor contract.
- Track effectiveness of planned giving marketing and communication channels and make (or recommend) changes accordingly.
- Oversee 1871 (planned giving) Society including membership lists and marketing and stewardship events.
- Establish and administer all necessary and effective planned gift counting methods for efficient gift processing and tracking on donor giving records.
- Track and administer planned giving reporting to identify realized and unrealized planned gift dollars (pipeline).
- Ensure planned gifts are compliant with applicable federal and state law, as well as with Elmhurst University policies, mission and values.
- Audit necessary documentation for counting and crediting planned gifts, and ensure donor intent is met with all resources and on behalf of all parties.
- Settle all estates, communicating with all necessary advisors for the donor and the University.
- Manage relationship with applicable vendors, including oversight of vendor contract, including any and all third-party investment advisor(s), trustees and/or custodians related to planned gift administration.
- Ensure gift administration vendor processes and mails payments and tax documentation to annuity and trust donors in timely fashion.
- Collaborate with charitable gift annuity and trust pool investment advisor to create report on health of the pool and the individual accounts within the pool.
- Create standard operating procedure for ensuring planned gift dollars, upon maturing of donor, are transitioned to the correct account at the University; to include creation of any necessary documentation to meet donor intent and University policies.
- Assist the Office of Business and Finance with annual audit.
- Manage digitization of dated planned giving files.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience with systems within the Microsoft Office suite.
- 1-2 years’ experience working in Raiser’s Edge or similar CRM.
- High level of planned giving experience.
- Ability to apply and leverage technology to build the capacity of an Institutional Advancement department.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Excellent analytical, inquisitive and communication skills, including strong written and verbal skills.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with the highest professional and ethical standards.
- Strong affinity with and commitment to the mission of Elmhurst University.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Part Time jobs in Elmhurst
- Academic Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Part Time jobs in Elmhurst
- Institutional Research & Planning Administrative Commensurate with Experience Part Time jobs in Elmhurst
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Part Time jobs in Elmhurst
- Development & Advancement Administrative Commensurate with Experience Part Time jobs in Elmhurst