Events Manager #605242
***This position is open to current regular, benefit-eligible Admissions employees ONLY. (Temporary employees, student workers, variable-hour benefit-eligible employees, and other non-regular employees are not eligible to apply).***
In collaboration with the Events and Orientation Team, under the direction of the Assistant Director for Orientation and Events, the individual in this position will coordinate all aspects of on campus recruitment events including Honors Days, Admitted Student Days, Transfer Days, Specialized Visit Days, Discover NAU programs, and Orientation.
- Represents the University, its missions, policies, and procedures to a broad range of constituents, in particular, those in other segments of the educational community, prospective students, personnel in community based organizations, etc.
- Recruit, hire, train, and supervise student paraprofessional staff.
- Develops and implements programming to meet the needs of prospective students and other constituent groups to the University (i.e. honors students, students from ethnically and culturally diverse backgrounds, transfer students, first-generation students, etc.).
- Works in collaboration with the Assistant Director for Diversity Recruitment to plan and execute programming to students from diverse backgrounds.
- Stays apprised of, and current on, new enrollment management strategies, and best practices for communication to prospective students, their parents and family members, and other important constituents to meet University enrollment goals.
- Will coordinate trainings on recruitment events for University staff as needed and will participate in trainings periodically on-campus as well as via web.
- Assists in the development of orientation materials, logistics of program execution and strategies.
- Coordinates event registration materials for each event.
- Completes periodic reports related to recruitment, enrollment projections, personal schedule, travel, special programs, and professional development.
- Prepares bi-monthly and ad hoc reports on event activity, registration, and effectiveness.
- Represents the department on various committees, work groups, and employee forums.
- Evaluates program effectiveness, assesses outcomes, and develops improved programming to achieve goals, complete cost analyses, for programs/events.
- Uses reports through Business Objects, Enterprise Reporting, PeopleSoft and Salesforce to analyze and report on effectiveness of recruitment event programming.
- Works collaboratively with ITS and EMSA Business Analysts to maintain event registration site, including periodic testing of event registration functionality.
- Special projects and assignments within the department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices pertaining to Admissions and Orientation, event planning, as well as, Enrollment Management.
- Knowledge of organizational development and management best practices.
- Demonstrated skill set in the coordination of projects and programs.
- Skill in problem solving and decision making.
- Demonstrated skill to prioritize individual work tasks, but also to assist supervisees in prioritizing work tasks.
- Demonstrated skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective and productive working relationships with on-campus and off-campus partners.
- Skill in program development and execution.
- Strong organizational and training/human development skills.
- Ability to work with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required and a minimum of two years admissions and/or event planning experience
- Master’s degree in education, business, or other related field is preferred
- Equivalent experience with business, education, government, or other related experience will be considered.
- Excellent communication skills (written as well as verbal).
- Ability to present the office and the University in a professional manner.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on the Human Resources website or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus - on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact the Office of Equity and Access at: 928-523-3312/TDD - 928-523-1006 or PO Box 4083, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Flagstaff
- Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Flagstaff
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Flagstaff
- Student Activities & Services Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Flagstaff