Assistant to the Vice President #605229
- Provide administrative support to the Vice President.
- Serve as the primary liaison and de-facto secretary for the Foundation Board of Directors providing administrative support to the Board and its committees.
- Schedule and prepare for quarterly board meetings and regular meetings of the five board committees to include preparing agendas, materials, and minutes.
- Provide administrative support as needed to individual board members.
- Composes verbal and written communication with board members and their staff.
- Manages all relevant board processes such as recruitment, orientation, terminations, maintaining accurate information such as committee lists, listservs, contact information, and meeting attendance.
- Manage all content of a Foundation board portal.
- Arranges complex travel schedules for the Vice President and processes all required travel documents in accordance with the university travel policies and procedures.
- Manage the Vice President’s calendar. Prioritize and arrange meetings, conferences, appointments and travel for the Vice President.
- Interface with senior-level university administration and other high-level external university constituents/ donors.
- Work closely with the Advancement | Foundation administrative team in achieving common goals.
- Compiles complex prospect briefs/profiles for the Vice President.
- Creates reports using Advance software for the Vice President.
- Researches, summarizes, and analyzes information; calculates statistics and compiles data to prepare special and recurring reports containing specialized or sensitive information following VP’s general direction and selects relevant information from a variety of sources.
- Provides information requiring comprehensive knowledge of university and department policies, procedures, and operations. Serves as liaison to board, donors, faculty, staff, students, alumni, outside entities and the public concerning information or complaints.
- Answers inquiries and composes correspondence on own initiative on general and technical matters in accordance with established guidelines and forwards other items to VP or appropriate staff.
- Plans and arranges conferences or meetings under general instructions from VP; communicates arrangements to appropriate individuals.
- Performs a variety of administrative support activities for work unit such as composing replies to correspondence on own initiative, interpreting and explaining established policy and procedure in response to inquiries from a variety of sources, summarizing reports and information to facilitate review by superior and investigating, evaluating, and resolving problems within scope of position.
- Coordinate business affairs, personnel matters and interpret policies and procedures.
- Evaluate and resolve typical administrative and operational functions to ensure effectiveness and compliance with university policies and regulations.
- Create and review operational documents.
- Supervise, monitor, or coordinate activities of subordinates.
- Bachelor’s degree AND two years of directly related administrative experience; OR
- Six years of directly related administrative experience; OR
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on the Human Resources website or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus - on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact the Office of Equity and Access at: 928-523-3312/TDD - 928-523-1006 or PO Box 4083, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
To be considered for this position, please complete the NAU application, and upload a resume, cover letter and three (3) references.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Flagstaff
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Flagstaff
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Flagstaff
- Chief Business Officers & Vice Presidents Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Flagstaff