Education Abroad Advisor, Intermediate #605239
Education Abroad Advising
- Advises students on regional area programs of study (year-long, semester and summer, spring break, or winter programs).
- Advises the majority of faculty led program enrollment, in collaboration with the Assistant Director and the Education Abroad team.
- Advises students on academic credit, grade transfer processes and other academic policies as they relate to NAU in general and the student’s program of study.
- Advises students on program costs, financial aid and scholarship opportunities, financial planning for study abroad, and any other logistical aspects related to the program, including housing, among many others.
- Advises students, faculty, staff, and parents on NAU’s administrative policies, procedures and opportunities for study abroad.
- Advises faculty and academic advisors on academic policies of host institutions and of NAU’s policies for transfer of courses earned abroad.
- Peace Corps Prep program
Education Abroad Territory Management
- Manages an assigned territory of programs abroad.
- Communicates with host institutions regarding NAU’s policies and program management issues.
- Maintains program information up-to-date, including admission applications, housing applications, and any other relevant information.
- Manages the credit and grade transfer processes for assigned programs, including communication with the Office of the Registrar and the Financial Aid Office, until grades are posted.
- Conducts periodic program site visits and assessment as necessary.
Education Abroad Marketing and Promotion
- Conducts and participates in information sessions, classroom presentations, admission events, university events, study abroad fairs, and other related presentations on study abroad to prospective students, parents and members of the NAU community.
- Monitors and updates the study abroad website
- Establishes and develops department and office contacts for study abroad advocacy and promotion.
- Peace Corps Prep
Events for Education Abroad – Organization of fairs, may include but not limited to:
- Lumberjacks Abroad Fair
- NAU Led Fair
- Pre-Departure Orientation
- Other events as assigned
- Assist Assistant Director with quick admits
- Assists with the design and delivery of pre-departure orientation sessions
- Other duties as assigned and various administrative functions within the Education Abroad division and the Center for International Education Department such as the study abroad fair.
- Represent the Center for International Education at campus, community, and national meetings as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in student affairs, international relations, global studies, higher education administration, or a related field AND three years’ professional experience in international education OR
- Master’s degree in student affairs, international relations, global studies, higher education administration, or a related field AND one year of professional experience in international education
- Experience living, working, or studying abroad for one or more semesters
- Experience advising students
- Experience establishing and maintaining international partner relationships
- Ability to communicate in a language in addition to English
- Experience working with National Student Exchange Program
- Experience with coordinating events
- Experience with Terra Dotta, SalesForce, and/or PeopleSoft
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on the Human Resources website or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus - on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact the Office of Equity and Access at: 928-523-3312/TDD - 928-523-1006 or PO Box 4083, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Flagstaff
- Academic Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Flagstaff
- Academic Administration Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Flagstaff
- International Programs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Flagstaff