DIRECTOR OF PURCHASING AND CONTRACTS
Missouri Western State University is a comprehensive, state-supported institution serving more than 5,000 students on a beautiful 744-acre campus about 45 minutes north of Kansas City. Missouri Western is an active partner in the educational, economic, cultural, and social development of the people and region it serves. A distinct focus on applied learning and applied research is a hallmark of the innovative teaching and learning environment.
We have a great opportunity for a DIRECTOR OF PURCHASING and Contracts.
The Director of Purchasing and Contracts has primary responsibility for supervising the operations of the purchasing department; ensuring adherence to all federal and state regulations and statutes; negotiating, evaluating and executing purchase orders and contracts; analysis of major bids; maintaining the approval queue system for requisitions; overseeing the procurement card system and developing and ensuring adherence to university bidding process as well as regulatory policies and procedures.
• Supervises purchasing employees
• Negotiate and execute purchase orders or vendor contracts as needed to support critical business needs and evaluate vendors and bids to ensure compliance with regulatory and MWSU policies and procedures for the procurement of goods.
• Develops new programs and oversees implementation of software updates, maintains purchasing system and assists in providing advice, instructions, and training in the use of the system. Manages and oversees the set up and maintenance of the requisition approval queue system.
• Oversees Procurement Card Program, and initiates online monthly ACH transfers for procurement card.
• Works with purchasing and campus individuals on budget and encumbrance problems. Responsible for maintaining and developing written policies and procedures and training MWSU employees on those policies and procedures.
• Coordinates the initiation, publication, and opening of MWSU bids with the purchasing manager. Ensuring all bonding, insurance and wage rate information is included. Handles all labor disputes that have been filed with the State of Missouri for construction bids.
• Prepares and analyzes financial data for various MWSU projects.
• Responsible for ensuring all encumbrances have been reviewed at year end. Responsible for working with Accounting Services to ensure auxiliary encumbrances, prepays and fixed assets are accounted for properly at year end.
• Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related business field and a minimum of five years’ progressively responsible experience in a purchasing related field required. Minimum 3 years’ experience with spreadsheet and data processing, as well as supervision of subordinates; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
•Master’s degree in related field
• Prior State or University experience in purchasing preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
• Computer applications, including Microsoft Office Suite, online banking, and computerized accounting systems (Banner)
• Purchasing and payment procedures
• Basic accounting and recordkeeping systems
• State bidding requirements and procedures
• Supervision/Leadership of a team
• Strong Oral and Written Communication
• Ability to identify processes needing improvement, and to recommend improvements
• Ability to handle multiple priorities, with awareness of deadlines
• Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with colleagues and the public
Monday – Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Saint Joseph
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Saint Joseph
- Financial Affairs Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Saint Joseph
- Chief Business Officers & Vice Presidents Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Saint Joseph