Research Administration Associate
Develops and implements grants administration internal procedures to insure compliance with Baylor College of Medicine policy. Provides guidance and resolutions to issues as related grants management and business operation. Oversees the financial administration of grants and contracts from budget setup through award closeout. Assists in the development and submission of the annual budget for the academic section. To be successful in this role, the candidate must be self-motivated, team player, dependable, and have a strong work ethic.
- Responsible for overall research grants management of the department and the Center for Drug Discovery.
- Serve as department approver for proposal submissions.
- Collaborate with Grants & Contracts personnel in the completion of final financial reports and grant close outs.
- Manage salary and effort reporting and certification for faculty and staff, according to proposed commitments.
- Function as pre-reviewer for all research effort reports in Effort Reporting System.
- Monitor financial activity and ensure appropriate funds utilization of research dollars.
- Meet regularly with research faculty to review grant accounts financial reports, personnel changes based on funding, ending grants, and proposal submission plans.
- Provide guidance to faculty and grants office staff regarding financial matters related to sponsored projects.
- Oversee inventory control and asset utilization reports for research capital inventory.
- Assist in space Inventory assignment and conduct the space survey to identify space functional usage and analyze funding vs. space allocation information to assist Department Chairman with space assignments and reallocation of laboratory space.
- Assist in developing the annual budget for the Academic Section.
- Oversee the management of all research budgets and corresponding accounts.
- Serve as approver of financial transactions in the areas of accounts payable, travel, and purchasing; verify funds availability and ensure expenses meet institutional and sponsor guidelines.
- Manage special projects.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- Four years of experience in Grants Finance Administration.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.