A federally-funded full-time postdoctoral research associate position is available in the Jarome lab investigating the role of sex differences in ubiquitin-proteasome signaling during memory formation. The lab uses a combination of common rodent behavioral paradigms with a variety of biochemical assay and molecular-genetic approaches to study the neurobiology of learning and memory. For this position, the postdoctoral research associate will be expected to lead and conduct experiments within the general research themes in the lab. The successful candidate will be expected to work independently on experiments related to the federally funded project(s) and assist with the training of undergraduate and graduate students. The postdoctoral associate will also be expected to apply for their own external funding.
- Ph.D. in neuroscience, neurobiology or related field. PhD must be awarded no more than four years prior to the effective date of appointment with a minimum of one year eligibility remaining.
- Extensive experience with in vivo rodent behavioral assessment and analysis and stereotaxic surgeries, as indicated by recent peer reviewed publications.
- Experience with molecular biology and molecular genetics techniques.
- Strong background in experimental design and statistics.
- Ability to work independently.
- The successful applicant needs to have strong communication and organization skills.
- Previous experience studying ubiquitin-proteasome signaling in the brain, as indicated by peer reviewed publications.
Commensurate with Experience
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges , a school of medicine , a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School , and Honors College . The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers . A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Dr. Timothy Jarome at email@example.com during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Advertised: March 2, 2021
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Pharmacology Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg