Director of Strategic Enrollment Communications and Marketing
The Director of Strategic Enrollment Communications and Marketing is an exciting new role that will oversee and develop the communications and marketing plans for the units under the Division of Enrollment Management reporting directly to the Vice Provost for Enrollment Management. The director in collaboration with the communications and marketing team will develop unique marketing and communication strategies to engage prospective, new and continuing students using various innovative campaigns, technologies, and current and emerging social media platforms. This position further provides oversight of CRM communications, website, market analyses; maintains branding compliance; measures ROI; and works collaboratively with leadership to enhance VT’s reputation. The director leads a team of 4 communications and marketing professionals and serves as the representative of the Division of Enrollment Management.
• A Master’s degree in marketing, public relations, communications, journalism or other related field, or a Bachelor’s degree in a related field with significant related experience
• A broad background in communications with a strong record of progressive experience in contemporary communications fields
Demonstrated ability to develop and implement a strategic marketing and communication plans
• Evidence of strong writing, editing, interpersonal, presentation and marketing skills
• Demonstrated proficiency in using word processing, image processing, content management systems, CRMs, communication analytics and social networking tools in communications or marketing programs
• Understanding of effective graphic design, branding principles, and the use of internet and social media as means of communication
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and competing priorities and to take initiative in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team of colleagues and serve as a representative of the division
• Demonstrated leadership and significant experience in forming and supervising a cohesive team of professionals
• Ability to work under pressure of deadlines
• Ability to handle and prioritize tasks while maintaining strong attention to detail
• Demonstrated sensitivity to issues surrounding diversity and inclusive language.
• Must provide three samples of work.
• Experience with Technosolutions Slate
• Experience working in a higher education setting
• Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud software (specifically in Design, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere)
• Experience in conceptualization and writing of fact-based documents and generating related photography and videography.
Commensurate with experience
March 22, 2021
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges , a school of medicine , a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School , and Honors College . The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers . A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Lisha Farrier at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Advertised: March 2, 2021
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Business & Management Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Marketing & Sales Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Communications Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Other Communications Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg