Administrative Assistant 3
About Highline College
Founded in 1961, Highline College is situated in a diverse community just 15 minutes south of Seattle. The college annually serves more than 16,500 students –– a student population of over 70% students of color, representing 35 nations and more than 100 languages. The college embraces equity, inclusion and social justice, with core goals of student attainment, diversity, community Engagement and sustainability. The student body at Highline College is made up of Transfer students, Running Start students, Professional-Technical students, International students, Comprehensive Transition Program for students with intellectual disabilities, Adult Basic Education and English Language Learners. In addition, we offer six bachelor of applied science, four-year degrees.
Mission and Vision
As an essential part of our mission and vision , diversity, equity and inclusion are promoted and fostered in all aspects of college life.
The Arts & Humanities Division consists of ten departments; Communications, English, Film Studies, Fine Arts, Honors, Journalism, Library and Information Services, Music, Philosophy and World Languages. This position supports the Fine Arts Department, and co-supports the Arts & Humanities Division Administrative Assistant.
Under general supervision, the Administrative Assistant 3 will perform a variety of complex administrative and secretarial support duties and assignments in support of faculty in the Arts & Humanities Division. These include: independently plan, organize and prioritize work; office record keeping and filing systems; establish office procedures, standards and priorities; and coordinate office operations. This position is expected to be proactive and initiate the necessary action to ensure the work unit and office goals are met. This position will have frequent contact with clients, the public, staff members, students and faculty and must demonstrate excellent customer service to all clients.
This position is a classified full-time position, which is eligible for overtime. Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 5:00PM. During Spring quarter 2021, this position will work remotely. Future work location will be determined by the direction of the State of Washington COVID Roadmap to Recovery plan.
Salary Information :
Salary Information: The above salary reflects the starting step (Step C) Range 40 for this classified position and includes a 5% King County compensation provision. As a newly employed classified employee, based on annual increments, it will take 5 years to reach Step L on the salary schedule. This does not reflect any contractual changes, legislative mandated salary increases or Cost of Living Increases (COLA's) that may be approved in the future.
Reporting to the Administrative Service Manager of Academic Affairs, this position will:
Monitor Daily, Monthly, and Quarterly Operations of the Division and the Division Chair – 50%
- Provide excellent customer service to students, faculty, staff and visitors;
- Answer telephone, respond and forward calls appropriately;
- Maintain general supplies and distribute the mail within the division;
- Provide support for Division Chair, Department Coordinator and faculty in day-to-day departmental operations:
- Serve as an informational resource for phone and computer usage, parking, class coverage, office hour procedures, instructional procedures, and other college policies and resources;
- Reserve rooms for meetings and appointments for faculty, department coordinator, and division chair, including notifications, reminders, and room arrangements;
- Review travel documents and purchasing requests. Send along for signatures and route to appropriate college department;
- Coordinate faculty absences by following departmental procedures;
- Set-up new full-time and adjunct faculty members and serve as liaison between Department Coordinator and new faculty member. Including ordering keys, books, desk copies, assigning of adjunct office space, introduction to policies and procedures assisting faculty members with questions to prepare for upcoming quarter;
- Provide instruction on electronic office equipment (copier/printer, Scantron machine, etc.);
- Maintain office hour schedules for faculty in the building in a readily accessible place, so students can find instructors/advisors easily;
- Direct student complaints through the instructional grievance process;
- Coordinate quarterly textbook ordering process including desk copies;
- Direct, supervise, train and assign work to student workers and 1,000-hour office assistant to assist with special projects;
- Establish, revise, organize and/or maintain electronic and manual filing system; keep office files current and keep procedure manual up to date;
- Complete special projects as assigned and ensure projects are in compliance with College policies and applicable laws and regulations;
- Attend meetings, participate in campus community events and activities;
- Monitor the Multimedia’s camera equipment:
- Checking in and out equipment to students using the ALMA system;
- Oversee inventory on a regular basis;
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- All evaluation packets are distributed to the faculty boxes by the 7th week of the quarter and electronic evaluations set-up for faculty administering them electronically;
- Once completed course evaluations are returned, prepare the evaluation reports.
- Monitor supply inventory and place orders for the division;
- Coordinate monthly P-card reconciliation;
- Ensure compliance with applicable purchasing rules and processes.
- Monitor division’s allocations of professional development funds annually;
- Ensure funds are spent on conference fees or travel, or on books, journals, association membership fees, etc., in accordance with College policy;
- Assist faculty with these purchases, copy & file the associated paperwork.
- Communicate effectively, both written and verbally;
- Maintain confidentiality;
- Coordinate and prioritize duties and deadlines;
- Work in a diverse, multicultural environment;
- Maintain high ethical standards;
- Interpret and apply policies, laws and procedures;
- Respond to customer needs;
- Adapt to changing business needs;
- Use Microsoft Office Suite including but not limited to Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- High School diploma or equivalent; AND
- Three years of increasingly responsible clerical experience;
- Equivalent education/experience.
- Associate’s Degree (AA);
- Experience in higher education.
Your online application must include the following to be considered complete:
- A detailed resume that addresses the MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS of the position;
- A letter of application/cover letter (two-page maximum, recommended) that addresses your ability to meet the QUALIFICATIONS, and KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES for the position;
- A one-page response to the Supplemental Question.
• National Criminal Background Check may be required;
• This position is covered under the Washington Public Employees Association (WPEA) bargaining agreement.
NEED APPLICATION HELP?
Should you have any difficulties uploading your documents or navigating the application process, please contact NEOGOV Technical Support at 1-855-524-5627, Monday - Friday 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM Pacific Time.
HIGHLINE COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Highline College is an equal opportunity employer. The College is committed to enhancing the diversity of our faculty and staff, as well as our student population. We strive to create a working environment that includes and respects cultural, racial, ethnic, sexual orientations, and gender identity diversity. We strongly encourage applicants to apply without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legal protected status.
The College complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Applicants needing accommodations in the application process in an alternative format may contact the Human Resources office at (206) 592-3812. Persons who are deaf or hard of hearing may dial 711 to place a call through Washington Relay, the state's free telecommunication access service.
TITLE IX COMPLIANCE
Highline College complies with Title IX regulations. For details on our policies, see our website https://humanresources.highline.edu/faculty-and-staff/policies/title-ix/
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Des Moines
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Des Moines
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Des Moines
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Des Moines
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Des Moines