Dean of School of Education
Ref. No.: #20211-DEAN04
City University of Macau is a private but not-for-profit institution. As a comprehensive university in Macau, the University offers an array of Bachelor's, Master's and Doctoral degree programs as well as professional courses. It is dedicated to academic excellence and strives to provide students with a rich learning experience that will open their door to the international scene through its continuous expansion of global partnerships. The University upholds its mission to nurture outstanding talents and deliver applicable programs that will serve the evolving needs of Macau and the wider region.
The School of Education in City University of Macau offers both Master and PhD programs in Education with three specializations: Educational Administration, Adult Education and Educational Information Technology. Currently we have over 200 postgraduate students in the School. We are looking for an energetic, passionate, experienced education scholar to join our academic team to develop high quality educational professionals to serve Macau SAR and the region beyond.
The City University of Macau is now inviting applications for the following position:
Dean of School of Education 教育學院院長
Specific Responsibilities include (but not limited to) 具體的職責包括但不限於
- Strategic planning for the Faculty
- Developing new programs and reshaping curriculum in accordance
with local and regional needs
- Effective implementation of the University's strategy and
teaching and learning policies in the Faculty
- Formulating annual student admission plans for the
- Ensuring high quality of teaching and holistic development of
- Supervising staff development for the Faculty
- Promoting research, scholarly activities and outreach that will
advance the Faculty's academic excellence in research and
- Monitoring programs/course assessment to ensure academic
excellence and integrity
- Doctoral Degree Holder in education or education related fields
earned in a well-known university with at least two-year
international education/work experience
- Outstanding management leadership effectiveness at a
faculty/school level with evidence
- Fluent in English, native or near native proficiency in Chinese
- Familiar with various education systems in Macau SAR, Hong Kong
SAR and Mainland China will be an advantage.
- Demonstrating vision and capability to build on and expand the
- Excellent coordination, communication and interpersonal
- Currently working in a Higher Education Institution at the rank
of Full Professor or above
- An outstanding track record of teaching, research and
scholarship, and substantial experiences in academic leadership
The remuneration and appointment rank offered will be competitive and commensurate with the successful applicant's academic qualifications, current position and professional experience. The compensation/benefits are competitive. The current local maximum income tax rate in Macao is effectively around 5% - 7% after various discretionary exemptions.
Application/Nomination Procedures 申請程序
Interested parties please send his/her full resume with an indication of current and expected salary by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Human Resources Office).
The position will remain open until filled. Review of applications and nominations will commence immediately. Applicants may consider their applications not successful if they were not invited for an interview within 6 months of submission. Successful candidate is expected to report duty in August 2021 / January 2022.
*Personal data provided by applicants will be kept confidential and used for recruitment purpose only.*