Dean of Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
Ref. No.: #20211-DEAN01
City University of Macau is a private but not-for-profit institution. As a comprehensive university in Macau, the University offers an array of Bachelor's, Master's and Doctoral degree programs as well as professional courses. It is dedicated to academic excellence and strives to provide students with a rich learning experience that will open their door to the international scene through its continuous expansion of global partnerships. The University upholds its mission to nurture outstanding talents who shall serve the evolving needs of Macau and the wider region.
The City University of Macau is now inviting applications for
the following position:
Dean of Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences 人文社會科學學院院長
Specific Responsibilities include (but not limited to) 具體職責包括但不限於
- Strategic planning for the Faculty
- Developing new programs and reshaping curriculum in accordance
with local and regional needs
- Effective implementation of the University's strategy and
teaching and learning policies in the Faculty
- Formulating annual student admission plans for the
- Ensuring high quality of teaching and holistic development of
- Supervising staff development for the Faculty
- Promoting research, scholarly activities and outreach that will
advance the Faculty's academic excellence in research and
- Monitoring programs/course assessment to ensure academic
excellence and integrity
- Doctoral Degree Holder in Foreign Language Studies, Cultural
Industries Management, Psychology, Social Work, or related
- Currently working in a Higher Education Institution at the rank
of Full Professor or above.
- A distinguished record of teaching, research and scholarship,
and substantial experiences in academic leadership roles.
- Demonstrating vision and capability to build on and expand the
- Outstanding management effectiveness.
- Excellent coordination, communication and interpersonal
The remuneration and appointment rank offered will be competitive and commensurate with the successful applicant's academic qualifications, current position and professional experience. The compensation/benefits are competitive. The current local maximum income tax rate in Macao is 12%, however it is effectively around 5% - 7% after various discretionary exemptions.
Application/Nomination Procedures 申請流程
Interested parties please send his/her full resume with an indication of current and expected salary by email to email@example.com (Human Resources Office).
The position will remain open until filled. Review of applications and nominations will commence immediately. Applicants may consider their applications not successful if they were not invited for an interview within 6 months of submission. Successful candidate is expected to report duty in August 2021 / January 2022.
*Personal data provided by applicants will be kept confidential and used for recruitment purpose only.*