Tradeshelper - Power Plant
Tradeshelper - Power Plant
The Facilities Management Department's mission is to support Adelphi University's focus of being a modern, metropolitan University. Our goal is to provide support to students, faculty, staff, alumni, and friends of the University. This mission is accomplished through the exceptional delivery of facilities services, in a timely and cost effective manner, while providing great customer service.
Facilities Management staff members strive to maintain an efficient, safe, clean, attractive, and inviting environment for all stakeholders associated with Adelphi University. Furthermore, we strive to support Adelphi's mission through the Momentum strategic plan to create a world class academic experience.
This position is responsible for performing boiler room watch and campus wide facility watch.
REPORTS TO: Manager of Mechanical and Electrical Systems
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Tour of all campus buildings and mechanical rooms.
- Respond to emergency calls as necessary.
- Responsible for organization and recordkeeping of the boiler room.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the boiler room equipment.
REQUIREMENTS: (Knowledge, skills and abilities)
- Valid New York State Driver's license required.
- Plumbing, HVAC, electrical, and general building operations knowledge a plus.
- Standing/Walking can be required constantly throughout the day depending on the job duties assigned.
- Ability to climb a ladder and lifting is required.
- Three to five years experience on the maintenance and repair of industrial boilers and boiler operations. Experience with low pressure dual fuel boilers a plus.
- Knowledge of Andover, Siemens and Trane Building Management Systems also a plus.
- Technical or Vocational School training a plus.
- Working experience in a cogeneration plant environment a plus.
- Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, 10:30pm - 7:00am.
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally ranked, powerfully connected doctoral research university dedicated to transforming students' lives through small classes with world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with particular strength in our Core Four—Arts and Humanities, STEM and Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health and Wellness. Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News & World Report, Adelphi is Long Island's oldest private coeducational university, serving almost 8,000 students at its beautiful main campus in Garden City, at learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson Valley and Suffolk County, and online. The University offers more than 60 undergraduate programs, more than 65 master's degree and doctoral programs, and more than 35 certificate programs in the liberal arts, the sciences and professional training. With powerful partnerships throughout the New York area, more than 116,000 graduates across the country, a growing enrollment of students from 43 states and 64 countries, and rising rankings from top publications and organizations, Adelphi is a dynamic community that plays a leadership role on Long Island and in the region.
- Back Share
To apply, visit https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=ADELPHI&cws=39&rid=2478