Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and a world leader in experiential learning. The same commitment to connecting with the world drives our use-inspired research enterprise. The university offers a comprehensive range of undergraduate and graduate programs leading to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Our campuses in Charlotte, N.C., San Francisco, Seattle, and Toronto are regional platforms for undergraduate and graduate learning and collaborative research. Northeastern pursues advanced research in security and materials at the Innovation Campus in Burlington, Massachusetts, and in coastal sustainability at the Marine Science Center in Nahant, Massachusetts.
About the Opportunity:
HRM is committed to building a talent focused organization and to providing best-in-class human resource expertise and customer responsive services that are aligned with Northeastern 2025. In short, HRM's purpose is to make it easy to come to Northeastern and easy to be at Northeastern.
To meet the challenges of the university's continued growth and expansion, HRIT is looking for a qualified candidate who will contribute to the support and maintenance for information technology applications for the HRM department.
The ideal candidate will play a critical role in supporting our HRIT applications (currently Banner HR, Workforce Software Time & Attendance and PageUp People Applicant Tracking system) within the Human Resources department.
The HRIT Analyst will work collaboratively with HR functional areas and college/division HR key contacts to research and resolve issues within the applications, provide ongoing application configuration and maintenance, and develop data queries and reports using SQL, Argos and Cognos.
A successful candidate will have experience researching and identifying solutions on business application system related problems, providing technical guidance and support to end users. Additional responsibilities include test and implement configuration changes and upgrades, support interfaces, continuous automation efforts, proactively identify and resolve issues associated with data, ensures data and systems are secure, document HRIT processes/policies/workflow, provide systems training and customer service.
The candidate enjoys supporting systems, analyzing data, working with customers and likes to solve problems. Must be willing to build relationships with community and IT and be able to manage various conflicting deadlines in an environment in which they will be asked to balance the demands of multiple priorities.
Must demonstrate strong analysis, problem-solving, and time management skills. Must have the ability to interact with customers in a sensitive and diplomatic manner and maintaining positive relationships
To ensure that essential services are provided to the university community, the employee will be required to work outside their regular working hours as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems/Computer Science,
General Business, Psychology, Management, Philosophy, Marketing
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills required
- Must have proven functional and technical skills
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to take initiative,
work independently, and use creative problem-solving skills to
solve technical or process-related problems
- Must have excellent customer service skills and the ability to
communicate effectively with non-technical employees and
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer
service i.e. customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards
for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Sound judgment, excellent organization skills and ability to
work on multiple assignments simultaneously, prioritize work and
- Proven ability to manage competing priorities, meet deadlines
and multi-task in a high-volume environment
- Excellent planning, time management and decision-making
- Experience working with test plans and test cases
- High level of attention to detail, accuracy and
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and customer service
skills for effective communication with all employee
- Responds to requests with a service mindset
- Hands on style with strong problem-solving skills and a keen
attention to detail
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; experience
communicating with both technical and non-technical
- Ensure the confidentiality of all HR data
- Demonstrate professional presence and positive energy to all
- Provides excellent customer service
- 3-5 years of related experience (systems and/or HR systems), 2
plus years of experience/knowledge of the BannerHR and/or HRMS
- Familiarity with Human Resources and Payroll functional
- Proficient in SQL Query is preferred
- Prior experience in higher education is a plus
- Familiarity with the following systems preferred: Banner HR or
similar HRMS, Applicant Tracking & Onboarding system, Time
& Attendance system.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/879/cw/en-us/job/505772