Manager of Partner Programming
Manager of Partner Programming
Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and the recognized leader in experience-driven lifelong learning. Our world-renowned experiential approach empowers our students, faculty, alumni, and partners to create impact far beyond the confines of discipline, degree, and campus.
Our locations—in Boston; Charlotte, North Carolina; London; Portland, Maine; San Francisco; Seattle; Silicon Valley; Toronto; Vancouver; and the Massachusetts communities of Burlington and Nahant—are nodes in our growing global university system. Through this network, we expand opportunities for flexible, student-centered learning and collaborative, solutions-focused research.
Northeastern's comprehensive array of undergraduate and graduate programs— in a variety of on-campus and online formats—lead to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Among these, we offer more than 195 multi-discipline majors and degrees designed to prepare students for purposeful lives and careers.
About the Opportunity:
Reporting to the Senior Vice Provost for Portland, the Manager of Partner Programming will ensure that all partner learning experiences, learning-related communications, and business processes are delivered to partners with the highest quality. The Manager of Partner Programming will also play a pivotal role in shaping our learning programs for our partner organizations.
Partnerships are at the center of the Roux Institute's strategy to drive economic growth for Maine. Northeastern's Roux Institute is designed as an engine of innovation, talent-building, and economic growth for Portland, Maine, and northern New England. Partnerships set our model of graduate education and research apart. With leading companies and nonprofit organizations at the table from day one, we're creating programs that are preparing the workforce to stay agile and thrive in a competitive landscape powered by artificial intelligence. We're nurturing an environment for high-impact research and innovation in computer and data science, digital engineering, the advanced life sciences and medicine, and other tech fields. And we're helping entrepreneurs launch businesses focused on and powered by technology. Together, we envision an “innovation corridor” that in the coming years will stretch from Boston to Portland and beyond.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills, dispositions, experience, and qualifications.
- B.A. required; master's degree preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of professional work experience
- Experience working in program management, academic or program operations/administration, enrollment, learner services, learning experience, or special projects is preferred
- Experience working in a higher education setting is preferred
- Experience with Salesforce is preferred
- A generalist who can work across a variety of teams and functions
- A strong sense of personal accountability to take projects across the finish line
- The ability to manage up to senior leaders, across to colleagues, and with external partners to accomplish critical, time-sensitive objectives
- The ability to write clearly and concisely (e.g. a program overview document)
- Strong project management skills paired with the ability to synthesize information from a variety of sources
- The ability to present to external audiences and be an ambassador for the Roux Institute with a diverse set of stakeholders
- Acute attention to detail and a focus on efficiency
- A culturally responsive mindset
- The ability to cultivate positive relationships across lines of difference
- A commitment to Maine and its people
- A sense of humor and enthusiasm
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/879/cw/en-us/job/505743