PRINCIPAL FACULTY MEMBER
PRINCIPAL FACULTY MEMBER
Elon, North Carolina
Elon University, an independent university renowned as a national model for engaged learning, is seeking a full-time, experienced faculty member to teach in both the didactic and clinical phases of the curriculum of the Department of Physician Assistant Studies. The six principal faculty members welcomed the ninth class of 38 students in January 2021. The program received Accreditation-Continued from the Accreditation Review Commission for the Education of the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) in 2016 and has been approved by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) to grant the MSPAS degree. The systems-based curriculum is 24 months with 12-month didactic and 12-month clinical phases. The PA program is part of the Elon University School of Health Sciences, which also includes the Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) program established in 1998 and developing programs in nursing to begin in 2021. Elon offers a salary commensurate with qualifications, an excellent benefits package and generous retirement plan.
- Direct academic courses
- Coordinate the sequencing and delivery of content within assigned courses in the didactic and clinical year.
- Coordinate the implementation of student evaluation within these courses.
- Serve as lecturer, lab instructor, small group facilitator and evaluator in assigned didactic and clinical phase courses. Lecture in other courses according to subject matter expertise.
- Assist with departmental responsibilities such as proctoring exams, grading OSCEs, interviewing admissions candidates, etc.
- Serve as Master’s Project advisor.
- Advise and provide academic counseling for students in academic and clinical phases.
- Serve on departmental, School of Health Science, and University committees as elected or appointed.
- Maintain a record of ongoing scholarly activity and faculty development.
- Assist with program self-assessment and improvement.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Program Director.
- Clinical site development is not a responsibility of this position.
- Terminal degree in PA studies or related medical discipline (e.g., MD/DO)
- Current certification by the NCCPA or an ABMS- or AOA-approved specialty board as applicable
- Eligibility for North Carolina state licensure if applicable to the candidate’s terminal degree
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency with educational and office technology (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite)
- Minimum of three years of clinical experience required; teaching experience strongly preferred
This is a full time 12-month faculty rank position. Faculty have the option to engage in clinical work or scholarship one day a week.
Elon University is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse faculty, staff and student body and welcomes all applicants. To learn more about Elon, please visit the University web site at www.elon.edu. The Department of Physician Assistant Studies website can be found at https://www.elon.edu/u/academics/health-sciences/physician-assistant/.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter,
curriculum vitae, and three (3) professional
Evaluation of applications will begin on March 31, 2021 and continue until the position is filled, with an anticipated start date in Summer 2021.
Apply for PRINCIPAL FACULTY MEMBER
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly