Dean for Student Development and Engagement
Gannon University, a vibrant Catholic, Diocesan, Masters L institution committed to excellence through inclusiveness, invites nominations and applications for the position of Dean for Student Development and Engagement in our Student Experience Division. The Dean reports to the Provost and Vice President for Student Experience and will, through innovative leadership, advance the University’s commitment to student success and leadership, meaningful community engagement, and a global perspective.
The Dean for Student Development and Engagement leads and coordinates a multi-departmental effort that is focused on the development and engagement of students, faculty, and staff in the areas of leadership, counseling, recreation, wellness, and residence life. The position will support and guide the Student Experience Division’s strategic plan that meets the University’s objectives. In particular, a seamless, holistic, and integrated effort is critical and integral at this level. The position has supervisory and budgetary responsibilities in tandem with the Provost and Vice President of Student Experience.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate the ability to perform the job duties as described here:
- Designs and implements an integrated vision, strategic plan, and organizational structure for leadership development programs that prepares students to serve in leadership roles as individuals and in their professions and their community, nation, and world.
- Designs and implements an integrated vision, strategic plan, and organizational structure to teach and promote diversity, inclusion and the well-being in the lives of students, faculty, and staff.
- Supervises the Director of the Recreation and Wellness Center and oversees the creation and implementation of a strategic plan to maximize the use of the campus recreation center, its services and field house.
- Supervises the Director of Residence Life and the development and integration of a university residence life and housing facility and operational policies and plans.
- Supervises the Director of Counseling, Health, and University Wellness and supports collaboration with all departments to support the well-being of all students and employees.
- Supervises the Director of Leadership Development and Campus Engagement while ensuring seamlessness with student orientations, welcome week, clubs and organizations, First Year Experience, and opportunities for leadership development.
- Supervises the Director of Student Accountability supporting Title IX training for students, staff, and faculty. Oversees the management of Title IX investigations and ensures appropriate student conduct processes.
- Supervises the Director of Commuter Life and implementation of seamless Gannon experience with commuter students to include programming, support, networking, while meeting commuter student retention goals.
- Designs and promotes student engagement opportunities that lead to student success and retention.
- Continually aware of best practices in the field and ensures that benchmarks are set and being measured with a viable outcomes-assessment plan.
- Actively participates in professional associations and ensures that reporting staff are actively engaged in ongoing development and training.
- Supervises and oversees resources of all departments including staff. Oversees and directs staff selection, development, recognition, coaching and discipline.
- A master’s degree is required; doctorate preferred.
- Five years of progressively responsible administrative experience with direct experience in the areas of leadership, student development, residence life, and recreation.
- Must have a current, valid driver’s license and be a US citizen or lawful permanent resident.
- Must be able and willing to travel abroad using various means of transportation including air travel and attaining the necessary documentation to include but not limited to a valid passport that allows entry to other countries from the United States.
- Must be able to support and promote the University’s mission, its Catholic identity, and its strong liberal-arts foundation that supports exemplary professional education programs.
Gannon University is located near Lake Erie in Erie, Pennsylvania, and offers ready access to a variety of cultural and exciting seasonal activities, and is within a two-hour drive of Pittsburgh, Cleveland and Buffalo. For more information about what Erie has to offer visit www.visiteriepa.com.
Application Procedure: Submit a cover letter, C.V., and the contact information of three professional references to https://gannon.peopleadmin.com/postings/5524. Review of applications will begin immediately, and this position will remain open until filled. The finalist will be required to submit an original transcript from the institution awarding his/her highest degree. References will not be contacted without prior notification to the applicants. For more information about Gannon visit www.gannon.edu.
Gannon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks excellence through inclusiveness and invites women and members of underrepresented groups to apply.