Visiting Faculty in Department of Chemical Engineering
The College of Engineering at the University of Texas Permian Basin welcomes applicants for the position of Visiting Faculty in Department of Chemical Engineering. This position is for one year starting in Fall of 2021 and may be renewed for an additional year subject to availability of funding.
Responsibilities include teaching undergraduate courses in Chemical Engineering. Preference will be given to those candidates that have experience teaching undergraduate courses in areas of fluid mechanics, chemical engineering thermodynamics, heat transfer, and mass transfer. Prior experience in teaching any college-level course is a plus. Successful candidates will also perform ABET assessment for all courses taught.
About The University of Texas
Located in the West Texas metropolitan area of Odessa-Midland, UT Permian Basin is an affiliate of The University of Texas System and a designated Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) enrolling more than 6,500 students. The University offers 35 undergraduate and 18 graduate majors. A new Engineering Building with state of the art teaching and research facilities houses the College of Engineering, with additional programs in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Petroleum Engineering.
The University offers competitive compensation and opportunities for faculty to develop and teach undergraduate courses. More information about the College of Engineering can be found at: https://www.utpb.edu/engineering/index
- PhD Degree in Chemical Engineering or in a closely related field
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with students with a wide range of skill levels
- Ability to use collaborative learning techniques and student centered methods of instruction
- Ability to work in a multi-ethnic/multi-cultural environment
- Engage undergraduates in research activities
Candidates Should Submit the Following Documents:
- Curriculum vitae
- Cover letter
- Teaching statement including details of courses taught or developed
- Complete contact information for at least three professional references
Applicant screening will begin immediately and continue as needed. Questions about the position may be e-mailed to Acting Chair, Dr. Sepehr Arbabi at firstname.lastname@example.org. Interested candidates should send complete application material to Dr. Sepehr Arbabi.
UT–Permian Basin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women and underrepresented group members are encouraged to apply.
UT Permian Basin participates in e-Verify.