Howard University, Department of History - Lecturer of the African Diaspora
Department of History
The Department of History in the College of Arts and Sciences invites applications for a non-tenure-track, full-time position at the rank of Lecturer, with a teaching load of four courses per semester. We seek outstanding applicants with a demonstrated track-record of excellence in teaching History of the African Diaspora. Evidence of interest and success in mentoring underrepresented students is highly desired.
Howard University, a culturally diverse, comprehensive, research intensive and historically Black private university, provides an educational experience of exceptional quality at the undergraduate, graduate, and professional levels to students of high academic standing and potential, with particular emphasis upon educational opportunities for Black students. Howard University is classified as a Doctoral University by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. It is a residential campus of approximately 10,000 students, located in the heart of the nation’s capital, Washington, DC.
The Department of History currently consists of eleven faculty members, conducting research with specializations in United States, Africa, African Diaspora, Latin America and the Caribbean, and Public History. It offers BA, MA, and PhD degrees in History with concentrations in the United States, Africa, African Diaspora, Latin America and the Caribbean, and Public History.
· Earned doctorate in History from an accredited institution by the starting date
· Record of effective teaching
· Effective communication and organizational skills
Complete applications consist of a single PDF file containing:
1. Cover letter addressing the qualifications listed above
2. Current curriculum vita
3. One-page statement outlining teaching experience, including courses taught
4. Three letters of recommendation that speak to teaching experience and abilities
Completed applications should be addressed to the Department Chair, Dr. Nikki Taylor, and submitted electronically to Nikki.Taylor@howard.edu. Screening will begin on April 15, 2021 and continue until the position is filled, pending final budget approval. The desired starting date is August 16, 2021. Additional details and information can be found at https://history.howard.edu/
Howard University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, marital status, religion, disability or protected veterans status. Veterans and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Inquiries
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Humanities Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Ethnic & Multicultural Studies Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- History Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.