Assistant Professor, Civil Engineering
Minimum and Additional Requirements :
Minimum qualifications for a tenure track faculty position include an earned PhD from an accredited program in the area of Civil Engineering. Successful candidates will demonstrate: a potential and interest in undergraduate education, as well as graduate education; have design/field experience; interest in engaging students in meaningful undergraduate research; strong potential for, and commitment to, student academic advising; support for our Department’s nationally recognized student enrichment activities; and personal dedication to ongoing professional development in civil engineering and engineering education.
Professional engineering registration and associated certifications, or potential for, and strong commitment towards obtaining these vital distinctions, should be demonstrated. A successful candidate must be an effective communicator and be able to serve as a role model for students in the Corps of Cadets and other undergraduate and graduate students in our day and evening academic programs.
Work requirements for engineering faculty include teaching a 4+4 course load, both online and face to face. Duties also include curriculum development and redesign, conducting and publishing academic research, creating industry partnerships, and supporting the student chapter of the American Society of Civil Engineers.
Preferred Qualifications :
A preference will be given to candidates with demonstrated ability, experience and expertise in the following:
- Preparing and teaching undergraduate courses and labs in civil engineering in surveying, geospatial related content, engineering drawing, transportation engineering, highway engineering and engineering economy
- Preparing and teaching graduate course in civil engineering such as geographic information systems and transportation planning and travel demand forecasting
- Conducting research on diverse multi-disciplinary teams, regionally and nationally, in transportation engineering related topics such as congestion mitigation, connected multi-modal transportation, urban mobility, active transportation and traffic safety
- Professional Engineering Licensure (P.E.) in South Carolina, or have ability to obtain within one year, and other associated certifications
- Preferred software proficiency: Autodesk Software (AutoCAD, Civil 3D), ESRI ArcGIS Pro, Highway Capacity Software (HCS), Microsoft (Word, Excel, Access), Adobe Acrobat Pro
The Citadel is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer actively committed to ensuring diversity in all campus employment.
Advertised: Feb 28 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Mar 13 2021 Eastern Standard Time