Assistant Registrar - Full-time
ASSISTANT REGISTRAR - FULL-TIME
Truman College is seeking an Assistant Registrar. The Assistant Registrar is responsible for the supervision of records and data entry by clerical staff. Coordinates, manages and writes procedures for the registration/grade process and records maintenance for the Credit, Adult Education and Skills Center programs in the Office of Admissions and Records.
- Coordinates and manages the registration process for the Adult Education, Skills, off-campus programs and Middle College. Coordinates and manages the grade report process to and from faculty for terminal input. Follows-up on missing/outstanding grade report forms.
- Establishes procedures and maintains the student records for Adult Education, State Legalization Impact Assistance Grant (SLIAG) and Skills programs. Coordinates the activities for these programs. Handles student related problems.
- Verifies and processes staff certificate-of-attendance timesheets. Oversees the process for students’ transcripts. Writes procedures for tasks. Prepares semester activities schedule and registration calendar for Adult Education and Credit programs. Assists in the planning of campus registration. Verifies state and reimbursement claims.
- Trains college staff on PeopleSoft system. Interviews and recommends applicants for vacancies in the Records area of the Registrar’s office. Attends various meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Management supplemented by five-six years of college experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience is required.
- Proven organizational skills and supervisory ability.
- Must have the ability to use computers to perform work activities.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be self-directed and innovative, able to assess current operations in an effort to improve the future goals of the District. Must be able to meet deadlines in a timely manner.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6 months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!