Associate Dean-Advising & Transition
ASSOCIATE DEAN OF ADVISING AND TRANSITION SERVICES
Olive-Harvey College is looking for an Associate Dean of Student Services. Reporting to the Dean of Enrollment Services, the Associate Dean of Advising and Transition Services serves as a member of the Student Services leadership team, and is responsible for the management, leadership, and oversight of the college’s academic advising, career exploration, testing, and transfer services, goals, and objectives. The Associate Dean of Advising and Transition Services implements strategies and leads efforts in developing and delivering comprehensive program services to ensure students receive advising and support services necessary to achieve their educational and personal/career goals, remove barriers to their success, and assist them in transferring to a four-year institution.
- Provides vision and leadership in implementing seamless advising and transfer processes for new, current, traditional, non-traditional, and special interest students.
- Creates and manages a strategic plan for the academic advising and transfer services functions within the Office of Student Services.
- Establishes goals and performance objectives to ensure the effective coordination of academic advising, transfer services, and related resources for the support and retention of students.
- Responsible for supervising College Advisors and the management oversight of academic advising programs.
- Supervises the Director of Transfer Services and directs the planning and delivery of completion/transfer services, ensuring the availability of resources to support students’ transition to a four-year institution.
- Monitors work activities and motivates staff to achieve established goals of student engagement and communications to support efforts to increase student persistence, retention, degree/certificate completion, and transfer.
- Interviews, recommends for hire, supervises, evaluates performance and provides professional development for staff in the Student Services Department.
- Oversees the maintenance of accurate and timely reporting, data collection and assessment, and preparation of reports.
- Develops and implements new programs and adapts existing programs for the enhancement and continuous improvement of advising, early alert, student retention, and completions/transfer functions and student services.
- Works collaboratively with Student Services leadership in the assessment of program and services, ensuring performance indicators relate directly to student learning outcomes.
- Participates in the development and formulation of policies and procedures that impact student retention and provides support for overall enrollment growth.
- Directs college’s student retention efforts. Acts as liaison to district staff in implementing district-wide student development and retention initiatives. Works collaboratively with college administrators and faculty on instructional retention efforts to ensure coordination and consistency with district goals.
- Builds collaborative relationships with college administrators and faculty across college departments to support a student-centered approach to academic advising and all areas of student services.
- Assists in overseeing department’s participation in the college’s registration process to ensure service excellence, especially during peak registration periods.
- Provides oversight of grand funding activities for student services. Monitors grant expenditures and ensures proper data collection and reporting to funding sources.
- Represents the college to community organizations and agencies and participates on district-wide committees.
- A Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in student counseling, college student personnel, student development, career development and planning, or other appropriate degree field.
- Five years of management supervision and administrative work experience that includes planning, personnel selection, supervision, and evaluation
- Experience working in a unionized, higher education setting preferred
- Demonstrated leadership in advising, academic support, transfer services, career services or related area within student services
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills in the areas of collaboration, team building, creative problem-solving, and conflict resolution
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6 months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Deans Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Chief Student Affairs Officers & Vice Presidents Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago