The University of Colorado and Housing & Dining Services encourages applications for a Building Mechanic! This position exists to repair and maintain Housing and Dining Services areas to keep them in a clean, safe, and comfortable condition. Position provides professional and skilled service to keep buildings, systems, and equipment in working order with the alteration, maintenance, and repair of a variety of building and mechanical systems. Provides on-call assistance to all areas of Housing Facilities Services during scheduled working hours, including weekends and on an emergency on-call basis. Technician will use an Electronic Work Order system to manage and supervise assigned tasks. Preventative Maintenance work orders will be assigned and encouraged to be completed during times of no customer calls. Apple Face Time is required to communicate mechanical issues to other trades personnel to assist in repairs after hours.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
Housing Facilities Services (HFS) is a comprehensive facility management operation that provides around-the-clock support for 25 residence halls, 6 graduate and family housing complexes, 5 dining facilities and several administrative and auxiliary buildings across 167 acres of landscape. The department serves over 10,000 residents and 20,000 conference guests annually. Services include maintenance, repair, renovation, project management, capital construction, housekeeping, and groundskeeping operations. HFS has approximately 190 full-time employees, as well as approximately 80 part-time and student staff, who all strive to give residents the best living experience possible.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Repair or replace garbage disposals, drain wastes and p-traps; unplug tubs, toilets, sinks, garbage disposals, floor drains and main lines, using both hand and power auger.
- Repair or replace faucets, shower valves, showerheads, water stops, ball valves, and gate valves.
- Repair, rebuild, or replace toilets, wax ring and handle kits, supply tubes, and flappers.
- Assist journeyman plumber as required.
- Analyze and determine cause of malfunction of heating and air conditioning systems, make vital repairs to, or replace, control valves, switches, blower motors, and thermostats.
- HVAC specific: Analyze pneumatic controls problems, repair or replace and recalibrate as needed.
- Perform preventive maintenance inspections and checks in residence halls and dining halls.
- Work with asset manager to supervise all work and maintain inspection records.
- The use of a University vehicle is required for the performance of some of these duties.
General Building Maintenance:
- Perform maintenance in living quarters, dining halls and public areas to improve resident’s security, comfort and convenience by repairing, replacing or assembling furniture, repairing or installing drapery rods, window cranks and latches, towel bars, mirrors, closet hardware and carpet and tile areas.
- Ensure that buildings are secure by removing and re-glazing window and door glass, replacing or adjusting window balancers and stops, repairing or replacing window and door screens; or repairing or installing storm doors.
- Provide for accurate function of kitchens by minor repairs of industrial type kitchen equipment, sic as walk-in and reach-in coolers, warming ovens, dishwashers, salad bars, serving lines, food carts, slicers, openers and individual resident appliance such as refrigerators, stoves, microwaves and smaller devices. (replace door seal, repair broken cartwheel, lubricate, replace broken knob or handle, etc.)
- Analyze and make repairs on electric appliances (stoves, refrigerators, and motors).
- Change light bulbs as needed. Replaces domestic hot water circulating pumps and motors, heating and cooling circulating water pumps and motors.
What You Should Know
- The shift for this position is Wednesday to Saturday from 2 pm - 12:30 am.
What We Can Offer
- The salary for this position is $46,116.84.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Challenged. Be Groundbreaking. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Two years of experience in an occupational field related to the work assigned to the position.
- Appropriate education or successful completion of a formalized apprenticeship program will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
What We Would Like You To Have
- General Building Maintenance knowledge, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, sewer machine.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by March 7, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder