Admissions Data Entry Clerk
Admissions Data Entry Clerk
Founded in 1869, Chatham University has an enrollment of over 2,200 students across over 60 undergraduate and graduate programs in our areas of excellence: sustainability & health, the arts & sciences and business & communications. Chatham has consistently been named a College of Distinction and a "Best College" by U.S. News & World Report, and--as the alma mater of environmental icon, Rachel Carson (Class of '29)--is perennially ranked as one of the greenest colleges in the United States by Sierra Magazine and the Princeton Review.
Chatham's mission is: "to prepare students to build lives of purpose, value and fulfilling work...by preparing graduates to be informed and engaged citizens in their communities; to recognize and respect diversity of culture, identity, and opinion; and to live sustainably." Building on this mission, Chatham is committed to creating a supportive and inclusive learning, living and working environment for all members of the campus community.
Chatham consists of the School of Health Sciences; the Falk School of Sustainability & Environment; the School of Arts, Science and Business; and the School for Continuing & Professional Studies.
Located in Pittsburgh, PA--one of the country's most livable cities and great college towns--Chatham is spread across three distinct locations: the historic arboretum, Shadyside Campus; Chatham Eastside in the fast-growing East End; and Eden Hall Campus, one of the world's most sustainable campuses.
Chatham University is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity. Women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. Chatham University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, or national origin.
To help support the work of the University, we have an immediate opening for an Admissions Data Entry Clerk.
Position Reports To: Vice-President for Enrollment Management
Position Summary: The Admissions Data Entry Clerk performs duties including data entry, system audits, and utilization of student information systems including Central Application Systems (CAS), CampusVue and Slate, importing information from applications and inquiries, maintaining enrollment documentation, retrieving paper, scanned or electronic information, processing high school and college transcripts, and entering test scores. This position works to ensure data integrity and the successful completion of the University's enrollment goals.
Working Conditions and Atmosphere : Routine office environment with frequent interruptions and noise due to frequency of visitors, students, faculty, staff, and callers.
- High school degree or GED required.
- Minimum three years of related office and/or higher education data management experience.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Office and data entry/database experience required. Work experience or specialized training and knowledge of Slate CRM preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs data entry and scanning of undergraduate and graduate admissions applications into Slate CRM.
- Performs application file processing and communicates with counselors as needed.
- Receives and Distributes inbox messages within the Slate CRM system.
- Evaluates High School and College transcripts. Calculates GPAs and high school rank and performs data entry of evaluated transcripts into student information systems.
- Performs data entry for standardized test scores such as GRE, TOEFL, IELTS, SAT/ACT, AP, IB, DuoLingo, and other sources.
- Performs data entry of prospective student information and prospective student lists from multiple lead and applications sources.
- Prints and mail letters and all required documentation for all decided students.
- Responsible for scanning and filing admission information, updating files, and processing/pulling data to ensure annual archive of enrolled students in completed in conjunction with document retention policies.
- Participates in additional projects as needed.
- Completes scheduled audits.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing clearly, concisely and professionally.
- Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following institutional procedures.
- Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or tasks and complete it in a timely manner with an exceptional level of accuracy.
- Ability to think critically and independently in order to make decisions or take action to resolve a problem or reach a goal.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team.
- Ability to get along and communicate well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Ability to manage workflows in high volume, deadline driven environment with exceptional level of accuracy.
- Ability to be dependable and trustworthy.
- Ability to comprehend complex technical subject matter and topics and incorporate specialized information to tasks and projects.
- Knowledge of basic math and budget procedures, office methods and procedures, interpersonal skills, understanding of English grammar and usage, business letter writing, spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary, telephone etiquette is required.
Chatham University offers competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, including tuition remission for qualified personnel, and a generous retirement plan.
Interested candidates should visit www.chatham.edu/careers and follow the instructions to complete the application process. To ensure full consideration, please submit a cover letter addressing the qualifications of the position, professional resume, and contact information for three professional references.
Chatham University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Actively Seeks Diverse Candidates
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Pittsburgh
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Pittsburgh
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Pittsburgh
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Pittsburgh
- Chief Technology & Information Officers Not specified Full Time jobs in Pittsburgh