OPS Office Assistant
The Office Assistant provides general office support for WGCU Public Media. Answers phones and greets visitors, maintains files, prepares letters and general correspondence, and assists with office projects.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
• Serves as the first point of contact to internal and external customers and provide general office support.
• Greets customers, answer telephones, provide directions or information and solve routine issues.
• Communicates routine and general information to staff, customers, and/or public about standard services, processes, and procedures using prescribed or established guidelines.
• Schedules/cancels appointments and meetings.
• Establishes and maintains office files and activity logs.
• Assists with basic routine travel arrangements.
• Receives, processes, and ensures confidentiality of sensitive information and materials.
• Maintains inventory of office equipment and supplies.
• Maintains and update mailing lists, organize and implement mass mailings.
• Performs routine data entry into database.
• Reviews documents and ensure proper format.
• Prepares routine correspondence, reports, and other documents.
• Opens, sorts, and distributes mail for department.
• Collates, staples, and distributes duplicated materials.
• Delivers and/or picks up documents, equipment, or supplies.
• May collect and/or processes fees and payments.
• Provides basic transactional maintenance of department records/funds.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Description
High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience operating a personal computer and proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
Work experience in a higher education setting.
Experience with Ellucian Banner, Cognos, and Gulfline
Knowledge of general office procedures.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
• Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects within deadlines.
• Ability to accurately prepare and maintain records, files, and reports.
• Ability to perform mathematical computations.
• Ability to understand and follow directions.
• Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse group of staff, faculty, students, and the community in a service-oriented environment.
• Ability to collaborate and work effectively with others and willing to contribute to a team effort.
• Ability to assume new responsibilities and carry them out in an effective manner.
• Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
All employees are expected to:
- Promote a common purpose consistent with stated University goals and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning environment.
- Possess the knowledge of general written standards and procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and follow procedural and policy manual related to the job tasks.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with stated policies.
- Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and supportive environment.
- Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
- Demonstrate professionalism in dealing with a diverse population while understanding and respecting each other’s view of the world, personalities and working styles.
- Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and collaborates with others to achieve goals.
- Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and processes critically to make recommendations for improvement.
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Auxiliary Services Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers