The Office Assistant provides general office support for WGCU
Public Media. Answers phones and greets visitors, maintains files,
prepares letters and general correspondence, and assists with
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
• Serves as the first point of contact to internal and external
customers and provide general office support.
• Greets customers, answer telephones, provide directions or
information and solve routine issues.
• Communicates routine and general information to staff, customers,
and/or public about standard services, processes, and procedures
using prescribed or established guidelines.
• Schedules/cancels appointments and meetings.
• Establishes and maintains office files and activity logs.
• Assists with basic routine travel arrangements.
• Receives, processes, and ensures confidentiality of sensitive
information and materials.
• Maintains inventory of office equipment and supplies.
• Maintains and update mailing lists, organize and implement mass
• Performs routine data entry into database.
• Reviews documents and ensure proper format.
• Prepares routine correspondence, reports, and other
• Opens, sorts, and distributes mail for department.
• Collates, staples, and distributes duplicated materials.
• Delivers and/or picks up documents, equipment, or supplies.
• May collect and/or processes fees and payments.
• Provides basic transactional maintenance of department
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Description
High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience operating a personal computer and proficient with
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
Work experience in a higher education setting.
Experience with Ellucian Banner, Cognos, and Gulfline
Knowledge of general office procedures.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication
• Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to
• Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and
complete simultaneous projects within deadlines.
• Ability to accurately prepare and maintain records, files, and
• Ability to perform mathematical computations.
• Ability to understand and follow directions.
• Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse group
of staff, faculty, students, and the community in a
• Ability to collaborate and work effectively with others and
willing to contribute to a team effort.
• Ability to assume new responsibilities and carry them out in an
• Ability to process and handle confidential information with
All employees are expected to:
- Promote a common purpose consistent with stated University
goals and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning
- Possess the knowledge of general written standards and
procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and
follow procedural and policy manual related to the job tasks.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and
direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with
- Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and
- Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
- Demonstrate professionalism in dealing with a diverse
population while understanding and respecting each other’s view of
the world, personalities and working styles.
- Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with
others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and
collaborates with others to achieve goals.
- Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and
processes critically to make recommendations for improvement.
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.