Learning Systems Senior Manager
University Code 24244 University Title Senior Information Technology Systems Analyst 1 University Job Family Information Technology ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Single Title Scope of Search Local Working Title Learning Systems Senior Manager Position Number 555240 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? No Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Academic Technologies Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
The VCU Academic Technologies Department has an exciting opportunity for a Learning Systems Senior Manager to join our team!
1. To provide technical leadership and guidance in support of the University’s LMS / CMS and other university instructional technologies.
2. To collaborate & assist with the advancement of other technical and academic areas.
3. Provide application support to staff, faculty, and students.
4. Provide application and server level support for a complex web-based Learning Management Systems ( LMS ) and Video Management Systems on a variety of platforms.
5. Assist with planning, testing and upgrades related to the LMS, the Video Management System and other applications managed by Learning Systems.
6. Share technical advice and expertise with teammates and others as needed when working on department-related projects.
Minimum Hiring Standards
-Demonstrated ability to supervise technical positions involved in installation and troubleshooting of LMS / CMS applications, Kaltura or other video management systems.
-Working knowledge of Linux/Unix, MS Windows and iOS environments.
-Familiarity with internet-based servers, such as Apache and Tomcat.
-Knowledge of various web browsers such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari and Google Chrome.
-Working knowledge of several computer languages, such as Python, Perl, Java, and SQL .
-Knowledge of mobile devices, wireless technologies and mobile applications.
-Ability to develop, implement, install, test and troubleshoot complex applications software.
-Ability to learn new technologies and new programming languages independently.
-Ability to manage complex projects and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
-Experience leading a team who bring a wide variety of methodologies and skills to their work.
-Ability to effectively communicate complex technical information, both verbally and in writing.
-Excellent communication, written, presentation, and interpersonal skills including customer service orientation with ability to interact with diverse constituencies.
-Effectively interact with administration and/or management.
-Ability to work effectively with other information technology staff in a team environment.
-Progressive work experience in microcomputer software installation and troubleshooting, consulting and training users with varying levels of knowledge.
-Demonstrated commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity.
-Ability to create proficient documentation, reports and schedules, meeting deadlines.
-Excellent interpersonal, writing and verbal skills and proactive work style.
-Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff and student environment or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU .
-Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Hiring Standards
-Knowledge of state procurement policies and procedures.
-Bachelor’s degree in information systems, computer science or related field. Equivalent experience may substitute.
-Knowledge of Canvas, Lon- CAPA or other Learning Management Systems.
-Considerable experience as a supervisor as well as several years experience as an application support engineer and/or web technology-related support project role.
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range $80,000 to $85,000 Application Process/Additional Information Campus Monroe Park Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours Monday-Friday/8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Job Open Date 03/01/2021 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Information Technology Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/103932 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Have you managed an LMS? If yes, please name the
(Open Ended Question)
- * Have you managed a Video Management System? If yes, please
name the system.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Have you worked in Higher Education?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond