Assistant Professor - Sonography
TheHenrietta Schmoll School of HealthatSt. Catherine
Universityinvites applications for anAssistant
Professorposition for a rolling contract. This position is
within theSonography Departmentand is scheduled to begin in
the Fall term of 2021-2022. It is a full-time position and is grant
The Sonography Department at St. Catherine University is one of only two universities in the Upper Midwest to offer a Bachelor of Science degree in sonography. St. Catherine University specializes in educating health care professionals and has an outstanding reputation in the healthcare community as the metro area’s leading healthcare educator. The Sonography Program also has an extensive clinical network where students will gain training in real-world environments. Join our team of dedicated faculty who share their personal insight into the profession!
- Teaches the equivalent of six undergraduate courses during the
academic year (typically three in fall and three in spring term)
with the option to teach in January and summer sessions
- Provides guidance in planning and coordinating departmental
programs which include evaluation, development, and revision of
courses and curricula.
- Facilitates the development of a relationship-centered learning
environment, recognizing learning styles and capabilities of
- As an educator, and advisor, and a mentor, foster a culture of
inclusive excellence through authentic relationships with students
of all cultures and abilities.
- Creates an atmosphere that is respectful of diversity, and
welcomes all learners, exhibiting enthusiasm and engagement in the
- Actively participates in the department and the college and
supports the policies and procedures as they reflect the
- Facilitates the development and communication of appropriate
- Identifies content and learning resources and organize learning
experiences appropriate to the learning goals.
- Utilizes alternative teaching methods, when necessary and
appropriate, to promote the likelihood of student
- Applies current content, technology, and methodology in
- Evaluates student performance regularly, providing students
with prompt feedback regarding their progress.
- Effectively contributes to the highly collaborative work of the Department.
St. Catherine University in St. Paul/Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a comprehensive Catholic university and home to one of the nation’s largest colleges for women, with associate and graduate programs for all genders. Founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in 1905, the University integrates liberal arts and professional education within the Catholic traditions of intellectual inquiry and social teaching. Committed to excellence and opportunity, St. Catherine enrolls nearly 5,000 students in certificate, associate, baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral programs in traditional day and evening/weekend/online formats.
- Master’s Degree
- Current and valid license / certification (RDMSorRDCS)
- Experience teaching in online, hybrid and in-person
- Two years of clinical experience
- Two or more years of teaching experience
We seek creative, adaptable faculty and staff who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity, multicultural understanding, and cultural fluency. Consistent with the university’s commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their experience and service.EEO Statement
St. Catherine University is an equal opportunity employer. Our commitment to inclusion reflects the central value of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet to “love of neighbor without distinction” and provides a learning and working environment that is enriched by the diversity of all our members. Individuals of religious, racial, ethnic, gender identity, nation of origin, or disability groups that have traditionally had less representation in higher education are encouraged to apply. Should you need an interview accommodation please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-690-6565.Application instructions for FACULTY
Careersto apply. When you submit your application, please
upload proof of your currentRDMSorRDCSlicense. Three
references and successful completion of a background check will be
required for employment. For information, contact Susan Trelstad
Application deadline is April 1, 2021.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace / Tobacco Free Workplace
Our university is a proud member of the Upper MidwestHERCand is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- *What is your highest level of
- Some high school
- High school diploma or GED
- Some college
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Some graduate school
- Master's degree
- Professional degree (e.g., JD, MD)
- Doctoral degree
- *For any degrees beyond high school,
what was your area of focus?
(Open Ended Question)
- *Are you a Registered Diagnostic
Medical Sonographer (RDMS)?
- *Are you a Registered Diagnostic
Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS)?
- *How many years of clinical
experience in sonography do you have?
- None to some
- One year
- Two years
- Three years
- Four years
- Five years or more
- *Select the option that best
describes your teaching experience.
- This will be my first college/university teaching experience
- I have taught one or two classes at the college / university level.
- I have been an adjunct instructor for several years.
- I have one year of full-time teaching experience at the college/university level.
- I have more than a year of full-time teaching experience at the college / university level.
- *St. Kate’s is committed to making
Inclusive Excellence a reality and has identified “Drive a Culture
of Inclusive Excellence” as one of six priorities in the strategic
plan. Give a specific example of how you have promoted a culture
that values diversity, equity and inclusion in your current or
(Open Ended Question)
- *Are you presently legally authorized
to work in the United States for any U.S. employer? Please be aware
that St. Catherine University is only able to consider candidates
who are authorized to work in the United States.
- *St. Catherine University welcomes
applications from candidates who are traditionally
under-represented. We are happy to consider candidates who are
currently in possession of a temporary work visa, however, please
be aware that we do not offer employment visa sponsorship. Will you
now or in the future require an employer to sponsor you for an
employment-based visa/status in the U.S. (e.g. H-1B status)?
- *Can you perform the essential
functions of this position with or without accommodation?
- *How did you hear about this
- St. Catherine University website
- St. Catherine University employee
- Academic Jobs
- American College Personnel Association (ACPA)
- Association of Catholic Colleges/Universities
- Association of Student Affairs at Catholic Colleges and Universities
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- College or University website
- Council of Independent Colleges
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- Google Jobs
- Higher Education Case Managers Association (HECMA)
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Hispanic Outlook on Education Magazine
- Inside Higher Ed
- Insight Into Diversity
- Latinos in Higher Ed
- LGBTQ in Higher Education
- Minnesota College Professionals Association
- Minnesota Council of Nonprofits
- MinnesotaWorks.net/Minnesota Workforce Center
- Minority Jobs
- NAFSA: Association of International Educators
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA)
- National Conference on Race and Ethnicity (NCORE)
- People of Color in Higher Education
- Pioneer Press
- Pollen Midwest
- Saint Paul Chamber of Commerce (SPACC)
- Star Tribune
- Twin Cities Senior Student Affairs Officers listserv
- Women in Higher Education
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Other Document 1
- Other Document 2
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Other Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Special Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul