Assistant Vice Provost, Strategic Planning and Institutional Effectiveness
The Office of Strategic Planning and Institutional Effectiveness and Planning (OSPIE) is seeking an Assistant Vice-Provost to advance planning and implementation of strategic planning, assessment and effectiveness of institutional initiatives and direct projects and assignments within the OSPIE office. The position reports to the Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs and Institutional Effectiveness.Responsibilities
Strategic Planning and Initiatives:
- Works with the Vice- Provost to advance the institution’ s strategic agenda and priorities
- Helps facilitate the implementation of strategic initiatives
- Leads and serves on planning committees as appointed
- Develops, directs, and coordinates planning documents and special reports for the Vice- Provost around strategic initiatives
- Works with stakeholders to identify key performance indicators and to track progress against the strategic planning initiatives
- Conducts research on relevant initiatives at other institutions of higher education and healthcare
- In collaboration with the Director of Business Intelligence and Analytics, develops and maintains content for the OSPIE website
- Creates a wider institutional assessment process and identifies opportunities to weave a comprehensive assessment framework across units, functions and foci.
- Prepares, presents, and disseminates institutional assessment and effectiveness findings to senior management, faculty and other institutional stakeholders
- Prepares reports to multiple audiences both internal (senior administration and leadership) and external (the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges [SACSCOC], State Council of Higher Education for Virginia [SCHEV]
- Along with the Vice-Provost for Faculty Affairs and Institutional Effectiveness, ensures the Quality Enhancement Plan meets accreditation expectations as required by SACSCOC including the 5 year report
- Operationalizes the use of data, reports, and assessment results for decision making, strategic planning, and continuous improvement
- In collaboration with the Director of Business Intelligence and Analytics, evaluates and ensures the functionality of systems used in the assessment processes
- Works with stakeholders to complete the assessment of administrative effectiveness for administrative units as required by SACSCOC
- Collaborates with individuals in the School of Health Professions and School of Medicine to ensure the annual cycle of peer academic program review is complete
- Creates a process and coordinates institutional survey research initiatives and provides strategic leadership in survey administration processes, including survey development, design, sampling, data collection, data analysis, reporting, and results dissemination;
- Establishes and implements assessment policies and best practices that strengthen quality, promote improvement and support the mission of the university.
Earned doctorate degree from an accredited university; at least 10 years of higher education work experience related to assessment, evaluation, strategic planning or other higher education administration. Demonstrated ability to forecast and act upon emerging trends in higher education and healthcare education landscapes and advise the senior leadership in strategic direction for institutional effectiveness areas. Demonstrated experience in working with confidential data and making evidence-based decisions required to meet accreditation requirements, including experience with integrated assessment management systems and using data for analysis and assessment. Proficiency with quantitative and qualitative research methods with competence in statistical analysis packages, such as SPSS or SAS (preferred). Outstanding interpersonal, written and verbal communication including expertise in developing and presenting workshops and training on assessment-related topics. Experience working effectively with cross-functional teams, task forces, or committees. Experience with and understanding of administrative processes and practices in higher education. Excellent organizational skills with the ability to balance and respond to a wide variety of demands. Ability to combine high-level conceptual thinking with attention to detail.
EVMS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer of minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and is a drug and tobacco free workplace.
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive $120,000 - $149,999 Full Time jobs in Norfolk
- Academic Affairs Executive $120,000 - $149,999 Full Time jobs in Norfolk
- Institutional Research & Planning Executive $120,000 - $149,999 Full Time jobs in Norfolk
- Executive Executive $120,000 - $149,999 Full Time jobs in Norfolk
- Provosts Executive $120,000 - $149,999 Full Time jobs in Norfolk