Student Financial Systems Specialist
Student Financial Systems Specialist
Target Hire Date
03/01/2021 - 2 months to go
Join our community and experience Emerson College!
Identify and solve business problems related to student retention efforts with our Student Financial Services teams: Financial Aid, Student Success, and Student Accounts.
How comfortable are you with the financial services that help keep students in college?
Do you want to improve and maximize reports and business processes?
You will act as a technical lead in the development and delivery of new and enhanced business systems for Emerson College's Student Financial Services team.
Report to: Director, Enrollment Technology
Direct Reports: None Student workers: None
Key Partners: Financial Aid, Student Success, Student Accounts, Enrollment Technology
These teams help our students pay for their schooling and stay enrolled. You will provide the technical support to deliver the data they need to be successful.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Leverage data, campus software, and future technology solutions to improve retention and student satisfaction.
- Expand, enhance, and deploy early-alert predictive models that can be used by a wide array of campus users.
- Identify areas of technological and process improvement that support the strategic retention focus.
- Produce models in conjunction with other team members.
- Understand the design impacts on reporting, population selections, and financial aid analytics.
- Ensure that any data integrations between systems are functioning properly and reconcile any inconsistencies.
- Lead project tasks associated with the implementation of
associated auxiliary systems and integrations.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 3-7 years of professional work experience in an Enrollment Management, Financial Aid, Bursars, or similarly related team
- Experience with a business intelligence tool (i.e Cognos)
- Experience utilizing retention and student alert software (i.e Maxient)
- SQL knowledge and experience writing complex database queries
- Demonstrated querying and database administration experience
- Have a broad understanding of the student life cycle and how it relates to system design and functionality, as well as how each system relates to other institutional systems and third-party systems
- Knowledge and advanced usage of a Slate (enrollment system)
- Masters Degree
Grade of Position: A17E
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 36.25
Hiring Range: $73,550.00 - $77,100.00
To apply, please visit: https://emerson.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Emerson_College_Staff/job/Boston-Campus/Associate-Director--Student-Financial-Systems-Analyst_JR001498
Emerson College is the nation’s only four-year institution dedicated exclusively to majors in communication and the arts in a liberal arts context. Its main campus is located in the center of the dynamic multicultural city of Boston, in close proximity to major publishing houses, arts institutions, and research centers. The college also has campuses in Los Angeles and the Netherlands. Emerson College enrolls over 4,300 graduate and undergraduate students from more than 70 countries and all 50 states.
Emerson College believes diversity enriches the educational experience by providing students with the opportunity to learn from individuals who may have different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Engagement with diversity in the curriculum, in our co-curricular offerings, and all other aspects of the College enhances the personal and intellectual growth of all members of our campus community. Emerson is committed to strengthening communities, including our workplace, by fostering the development of the intercultural competencies necessary for meaningful citizenship in an increasingly complex, pluralistic society. Emerson College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender in its educational programs or activities. Emerson has designated the Associate Vice President, Title IX, and Clery Coordinator to respond to inquiries regarding the College Sexual Misconduct Policy. The Title IX Coordinator may be reached at 8 Park Plaza, Transportation Bldg, Room 230 Boston, MA 02116; Telephone: 617-824-8999; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Annual Clery Report
n accordance with the federal Clery and Campus SaVE Acts, Emerson College commits to providing all current and prospective students and employees with access to the annual campus security reports for each of our campuses. This report may be accessed from the Emerson College Police Department website.
Information on Emerson College staff grade range