[C21-041] Fiscal Assistant - TRIO Grants (grant funded)
Fiscal Assistant – TRIO Grants (grant funded)
Central Connecticut State University invites applications for a
grant funded Fiscal Assistant for TRIO Grants in the Academic
Affairs. The incumbent in this position will assist with general
fiscal functions for federally funded TRIO grants at
- Creates and maintains various financial spreadsheets for tracking, recording, analyzing and reporting purposes.
- Assists with meeting the financial information needs of the
U.S. Department of Education, University community,
regulatory agencies and other external parties.
- Assists in the operation and record-keeping process for systems
on and off campus, including the on-line State payroll
program Core-CT and Banner.
- Assists with Business Office/accounting functions such as
reconciliations, journal entries, financial and academic
- Performs other duties and responsibilities related to those
above which do not alter the basic level of responsibility of
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or business-related field.
- Two years of work experience in accounting or business related area.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability in the use of personal computer equipment and standard office software including that supported by the University (Microsoft Office Suite).
- Credentials and/or experience substantially comparable to the above may also be considered.
The University: The largest of Connecticut’s regional comprehensive universities, Central currently enrolls 11,880 students. This includes 7,605 full-time undergraduates, 1,949 part-time undergraduates, 648 full-time graduate students, and 1,678 part-time graduate students. A third of its undergraduates are students of color, the largest group being Hispanic. Ninety-three percent of the students are from Connecticut. An increasingly residential campus, 64 percent of Central’s first-year students live on campus; 24 percent of all undergraduates live on campus. For more information about Central Connecticut State University, please visit www.ccsu.edu.
The Community: Located nine miles southwest of Hartford, New Britain is a city of some 70,000. Part of the Greater Hartford area of 1.2 million residents, New Britain is centrally located in the state and is within easy reach of much of Connecticut and several metropolitan areas in the region. New Britain’s population is characterized by a high degree of racial and ethnic diversity. Known as “Little Poland,” 17 percent of its population are of Polish background. It is the home of three Polish language newspapers and one television station, and annually hosts the Little Poland Festival. Significant portions of its population come from Puerto Rican, Italian, and Irish backgrounds. Currently, 37 percent of its population are Hispanic; 11 percent are African American; 25 percent live below the poverty line.
In addition to all that Hartford provides, New Britain is 40 minutes from Springfield, Mass., two hours from Boston, and two hours from New York City. It is also part of the Hartford-Springfield “Knowledge Corridor” and, therefore, within easy driving distance of a host of private and public institutions of higher education and many cultural opportunities.
Application and Appointment: For full
consideration, applications must be received by March
To begin the application process please visit the CCSU HR Job Opportunities at https://www.ccsu.edu/hr/faculty-management-admin.html. Select the job [C21-041] Fiscal Assistant – TRIO Grants (grant funded) and click on the Apply button and submit the following documents:
- Letter of Interest addressing the qualifications for this position
- Current résumé
- Names of three current professional references with title, email addresses and telephone numbers
Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Fringe benefits include personal and sick leave, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision and prescription plans, a multi- plan retirement, retirement health care , deferred compensation, Dependent Care Assistant and Med Flex spending accounts, supplemental benefits such as long term, short term disability, tuition waiver for employee and eligible dependents at any of the Connecticut State Universities (Central, Eastern, Southern or Western).
Incomplete applications will not be considered. E-mailed or mailed applications will not be accepted.
Please redact any personally identifiable information (i.e., Social Security number, date of birth, marital status, country of origin) from any documents submitted. Please ensure your Social Security Number is not listed on any documents submitted.
For more information, contact Ivette Torruella at 860-832-2225
As an affirmative action employer, Central Connecticut State University actively seeks and encourages applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status. The University provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in New Britain
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in New Britain
- Financial Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in New Britain
- Grants & Contracts Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in New Britain