Academic Advisor for the Pott College Advising and Resource Center
The University of Southern Indiana invites applications for the position of Academic Advisor for the Pott College Advising and Resource Center. This is a full-time administrative position with responsibility for serving as academic advisor to and monitoring the academic progress of students majoring in disciplines in the Pott College of Science, Engineering and Education.
The advisor will counsel students regarding their program curriculum and course selection and have ongoing communication with advisees regarding their progress in meeting academic and graduation goals. The advisor may also serve as an initial point of contact for prospective students. The advisor will work closely with faculty in the College. Additionally, the advisor will participate in student development programs, individual and group orientations and advising activities, College information sessions, student recruitment activities, and advisor and faculty development programs.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- One to three years’ experience in academic advising or related field at the college level preferred.
- Attentiveness to detail; strong organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize multiple requests and handle them in an efficient and timely manner is required.
- Must possess strong communication (oral and written), interpersonal, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with students and faculty of all cultural backgrounds and experience levels required.
- Proficient use of computers, word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software, and e-mail required.
The Advising and Resource Center seeks a collaborative individual with a dedicated student focus, a commitment to diversity and inclusion, and a deep knowledge of factors that increase student success.
Candidates should apply online at www.usi.edu/jobs. When completing the application, you will be given the opportunity to attach the additional documents required for this position which include (1) letter of application; (2) current curriculum vitae; (3) statement of advising philosophy; (4) unofficial transcripts and (5) names and full contact information including e-mail addresses for three professional references. Materials should be provided electronically within this web-based applicant system and to the attention of Michael “Brody” Broshears, Search Committee Chair. Official transcripts required at a later stage.
For best consideration, please submit materials by March 21, 2021.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, the University of Southern Indiana considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy or marital status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other category protected by law or identified by the University as a protected class.