Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Dean College is a private, residential New England college grounded in a culture and tradition that all students deserve the opportunity to discover and exceed their greatest aspirations.
A personal and transformative community since 1865, Dean tirelessly inspires our students to unimagined heights through personalized support and integrated delivery of academic, co-curricular and experiential learning.
Our graduates are lifelong learners who thrive in their careers, embrace social responsibility and demonstrate leadership.
This is The Dean Difference.
Consistently recognized as a Top Regional College and a Best Value School by U.S. News & World Report and named a College of Distinction for four consecutive years, Dean serves approximately 1,200 full-time students and 300 part-time students and offers more than 50 combined bachelor's and associate degree programs and specializations, as well as a robust schedule of continuing studies and certificate programs throughout the year.
Dean College is perfectly situated in Franklin, Massachusetts, which is conveniently located between Boston and Providence, Rhode Island and is accessible to Boston by commuter rail. The Dean College/Franklin station is only a five-minute walk from campus. Approximately 90 percent of the College's student population lives on campus.
Dean provides a supportive academic environment that thrives on student engagement and exceptional teaching. The Dean Difference is exemplified through each student's commitment to their professional futures, social responsibility and leadership. Outside of the classroom, students participate in 16 athletic teams and more than 30 on-campus groups and organizations.
Ninety-six percent of our bachelor's degree students are employed or enrolled in graduate school within 12 months of graduation. Alumni are hard at work in top-ranked graduate programs and are employed by organizations such as Universal Studios, Dell Technologies, Liberty Mutual, Kraft Sports + Entertainment, the Boston Ballet, and more.
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator serves as a content specialist and is responsible for a wide range of writing tasks with focus on writing for marketing materials and marketing content for print, web, online, broadcast, and other emerging communications channels.
The successful candidate will provide general writing, editing and storytelling for Marketing as assigned. He or she will collaborate with the AVP of Marketing and Communications and campus partners to ensure that all communications related to the College's reputation, programs and initiatives are accurate, fair, and supportive of the mission of Dean College.
This individual will interact with senior leadership, deans, faculty, students and alumni, most commonly in interviews that serve as a basis for stories and inquiries. The ideal candidate is a writer with the ability to identify various public relations and writing opportunities and the communication skills to bring these opportunities to fruition.
This individual will be the team expert for Dean College's communications' efforts and accountable for the creation, promotion and successful placement of this content.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Strengthen the Dean College brand and promote the College by serving as the lead writer for marketing content to internal and external stakeholders;
- Drive inbound marketing efforts through the development, scheduling, production/writing of content to be used in press releases, white papers or on the official college blog;
- Providing writing support for various college initiatives including the College magazine, newsletters and speeches assigned;
- Lead public relations and strategic outreach efforts to increase the visibility of Dean College within the local community and with local news outlets, as well as through placement in influential blogs, online and print news publications and key social media sites/pages;
- Assist with the marketing and promotion of various branding and special events;
- Storytelling (writing, fact-checking, editing, scriptwriting) for an array of channels (print, web, video, etc.);
- Assist social media coordinator with crafting content for posts, ensuring content is both creative and informative.
- Create and publish content on the Dean College website,
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations, or related field required;
- Master's degree preferred;
- Three to five years of professional experience in marketing or writing capacity;
- Must have demonstrated professional experience in a marketing/communications environment;
- Knowledge of CMS, particularly BigTree desired;
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills;
- Must be self-motivated and extremely organized with the ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- Adaptable to various styles and formats appropriate to individual projects and audiences;
- Experience with social media campaigns, knowledge of digital marketing and SEO desired;
- Demonstrated attention to detail, accuracy, and relevance in writing;
- Strong storytelling, writing, research and interviewing skills.
Ability to take initiative. Understanding of the higher education culture and marketplace with the ability to collaborate and write marketing materials that resonate with intended audience.
Dean College is an equal-opportunity, Title IX institution and pledges to recruit, select and promote diversity by providing equality of opportunity in higher education for all persons, including faculty and staff with respect to hiring, continuation, promotion, and applicants for admission, enrolled students and graduates without discrimination or segregation.
The College is interested in candidates who have the communication skills and cross-cultural abilities to maximize their effectiveness with diverse groups of colleagues, students, faculty, and community members. All employment decisions are made on a non-discriminatory basis. Dean College prohibits discrimination and harassment based on sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, work-related injury or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. This nondiscrimination policy covers admissions, employment, and access to and treatment in College programs, services, and activities. A pre-employment background screen is required for all employees.
The Assistant Dean of Students, located on the second floor of the Campus Center, telephone 508-541-1841, coordinates the college's compliance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 Act.
The Director of Human Resources on the first floor of Dean Hall, telephone, 508-541-1681 coordinates the college's compliance with titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act and amendments, and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act.
The Dean College Athletics Department is a Division III member of the NCAA and competes as a member of the Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC), Eastern Collegiate Football Conference (ECFC), and complies with all NCAA Division III Rules and Regulations.
Please submit your Resume/CV, Cover Letter, all unofficial transcripts; and contact information of three references. (PLEASE NOTE: Applications that are incomplete will not be considered).
Note: After submitting your resume/CV, the subsequent page gives you instructions that enable you to upload your Cover Letter and any additional documents.
See the FAQ for using our online system.
Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your Dean College Careers Account to check your completed application or upload additional documents.