Assistant Director of Vocations - Early Outreach
The Congregation of Holy Cross, U.S. Province, Inc. is a community of Catholic, apostolic priests and brothers called by Jesus Christ and by Blessed Basil Moreau to be educators in the faith. Since 1837, the United States Province of Priests and Brothers has educated both the mind and heart through their parishes, educational institutions, and their ministries spanning five continents.
As members of the U.S. Province, we are determined ambassadors of Christ’s message. Daily, we commit ourselves to the mission of the Congregation and to the Church so that we can proactively serve others through our ministries in education, parish, and mission. We are a vibrant and committed community thriving today with Blessed Moreau’s original zeal to make God known, loved, and served.
The U.S. Province seeks an Assistant Director of Vocations – Early Outreach to promote applications to Old College, the undergraduate seminary of the Congregation of Holy Cross, located on the campus of the University of Notre Dame. This position will showcase Holy Cross and highlight the unique opportunities formation affords. The Assistant Director develops outreach plans and recruitment strategies, and executes those plans while forging connections with partners in circles of influence around the target audience of high school-aged males.
Our Assistant Director will:
- Build relationships and network with high school staff, parish staff, and other community groups to encourage a culture of vocation promotion.
- Participate in the design and implementation of relevant programming aimed at promoting formation in Holy Cross.
- Enthusiastically publicize and promote formation events and stories through a variety of means and media.
- Travel between 50-70% of the time visiting high schools, parish youth groups, college fairs, career nights, and conventions to promote Old College and other programming, giving presentations and following-up with prospects.
- Assist with planning and arranging engagement opportunities for the Associate Director of Vocations with students who express an interest in learning more about priesthood and brotherhood in Holy Cross, Old College, and various Vocations programs.
- Maintain database of prospect and contact notes to optimize efficiency and communications.
Ideal Candidate Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university is required.
- At least two years as a teacher, administrator, counselor, or campus minister in a Catholic high school setting is preferred.
- A practicing Roman Catholic with an understanding of the Church and clergy. Knowledge and personal experience of the Congregation of Holy Cross is strongly preferred. Must adhere to Catholic standards of conduct, policies of the Diocese of Fort Wayne-South Bend, and the social, ethical, and moral teachings of the Roman Catholic Church as interpreted by the Bishop of the Diocese of Fort Wayne-South Bend, and the United States Province of Priests and Brothers.
In return for your efforts, the Province offers a personally and spiritually rewarding environment considerate of work-life balance and an outstanding compensation and benefits package that includes paid time off, paid holidays, medical/dental insurance, 403(b) retirement savings with an employer match as well as a pension plan.
The Congregation of Holy Cross, U.S. Province, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply for Assistant Director of Vocations - Early Outreach
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly