Director of Development - Major Gifts
When you join Baylor College of Medicine, you become part of a dynamic team that continues to shape the healthcare landscape after more than 120 years. Baylor is a key driver of the explosive growth and sustained excellence of the Texas Medical Center (TMC), the largest group of biomedical institutions on Earth. Our world-renowned faculty educate the next generation of health professionals, research tomorrow's cures and treat patients at our co-owned CHI Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center and at numerous affiliate hospitals and health centers across the TMC and Texas. We are committed to serving diverse communities in our region and around the world through a wide range of healthcare and educational outreach programs.
Home to the No. 1-ranked medical school in Texas, according to U.S. News & World Report, Baylor is the largest recipient of National Institutes of Health (NIH) funding in the state. Our Department of Molecular and Human Genetics pioneered the field and is ranked first in the nation based on NIH support.
Baylor is an open and welcoming environment that values inclusion, collaboration and entrepreneurial thinking. A career at Baylor will provide you with an exciting opportunity to apply and grow your unique talents and skills toward our vision of improving health through science, scholarship and innovation.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Development, the Director of Development’s primary purpose is to serve as a major gifts officer (maintaining a portfolio of individuals, corporations and foundations as appropriate) and attaining significant philanthropic resources on behalf of Baylor College of Medicine (BCM). Additionally, the Director will participate in strategies and securing capital and programmatic funds for special initiatives.
- Work towards the achievement of the annual BCM fundraising goal.
- Individually accountable for fundraising productivity, donor engagement and cultivation, solicitation and stewardship, as well as gift and estate planning metrics.
- The expectation will be that with a mature portfolio, this position will solicit $6M per year, and secure a minimum of $3M per year.
- Lead, as applicable, special fundraising initiatives such as faculty appeals or events that result in increased fundraising success for the office.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision; effectively and efficiently organize and prioritize workload to meet constantly changing demands; high level of accuracy, attention to detail and strong organizational skills; communicate status of projects to appropriate staff members and/or supervisors in a timely fashion.
- Collaborate with other Development leaders and Institutional Advancement colleagues to foster the success of their respective programs.
- Enhance fundraising skills through professional associations and BCM training.
- Foster an environment of fairness, cooperation and professionalism – adhering to the core values of the College and principles of community that are vital to successful advancement and the well-being of all participating stakeholders.
- Value every member for the individual efforts and unique talents that enhance achievement of goals and objectives and extend a welcoming and nurturing workplace culture and environment where everyone is included, respected and empowered.
- Actively practice moves management throughout the donor life cycle of identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Document all donor related activities using donor database system.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Six years of relevant experience.
- Six years of direct fundraising experience in a private, not-for-profit organization, and/or closely related client portfolio management role
- Three to six years major gift fundraising experience
- Two to three years of experience in academic medical fundraising
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston