Selection and Hiring Specialist
Selection & Hiring Specialist
City Colleges of Chicago (CCC), the largest community college system in Illinois, is made up of seven colleges and five satellite sites, providing more than 70,000 students each year access to a quality, affordable education.
Reporting to the Manager of Recruitment and Staffing, the Selection and Hiring Specialist assists in implementing HR best practices district-wide in the areas of recruitment, interviewing and selection to ensure equity and non-discrimination in CCC’s hiring procedures and compliance with employment laws and regulations.
The Selection and Hiring Specialist leads HR initiatives to implement standard interviewing, evaluation and selection procedures and guidelines to ensure consistency and effectiveness in employment hiring practices district-wide. The position also uses Excel and Taleo data tools extensively to provide recruitment and hiring data analysis and reporting to management.
The Selection and Hiring Specialist demonstrates a multicultural awareness in directing CCC’s recruitment and interviewing processes, contributing to cultivating an inclusive, diverse and respectful organization and college community. Performs related duties as required.
- Develops and creates interview guides, evaluation criteria and rating standards for use by HR departments and hiring managers in the interviewing, evaluation and selection of various categories of job candidates.
- Conducts training workshops and seminars on CCC’s interview processes for hiring managers, with topics to include: types of interview (i.e. structured, behavioral, case study), interview formats (i.e. phone, panel, video), preparing for the interview; and interviewing techniques.
- Writes interview questions for individual job titles/positions, creating a library of interview guides and rating scales for use by hiring managers to elicit and evaluate applicants’ competencies and suitability for a position.
- Works with college Human Resource Business Partners in implementing new and revised interviewing and selection procedures and standards, and provides needed support in the application of guidelines, evaluation criteria and rating forms.
- Conducts data analysis to track and monitor status and progress of interviews and selection of job candidates, and prepares various reports using Excel and Oracle Business Intelligence (OBI) tools.
- Source candidates effectively using internal advertising, LinkedIn, databases, job boards, advertisements, social media, networking, and other advertising strategies. Screens, interviews, and recommends internal/external candidates for all levels of job including professional, management, technical and faculty positions.
- Coaches and provides guidance to hiring managers throughout the search and selection process, including how to conduct interviews and evaluate candidates.
- Serves as a liaison and consultant to District and college senior leaders, HR staff, and outside agencies regarding CCC’s recruitment programs.
- Utilizes the Taleo applicant tracking and onboarding system to manage the requisition and hiring process.
- Creates surveys for hiring managers and applicants to assess satisfaction of interviewing process and procedures. Implements new and revised procedures for the continuous improvement of CCC’s interviewing and hiring practices.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Reports To Manager, Recruitment and Staffing
Direct Supervision None
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Five years of experience in a strategic recruiting role with an emphasis on recruitment, employment services or talent acquisition administration.
- Knowledge and experience with Taleo system and data tools highly desirable.
- Knowledge and experience in developing interview and evaluation guidelines highly desirable.
- Experience in data analysis to address recruitment and hiring issues.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Experience working within a higher education and/or public sector employer desirable.
- Demonstrable track record of delivering against recruiting targets.
- Demonstrated knowledge and success in executing full-cycle recruiting process.
- Ability to work within a culturally diverse environment.
- Ability to cultivate and maintain strategic partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) with advanced skill in the use of Excel.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6 months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago