Engineering Project Manager
The Center for Infrastructure, Energy, and Space Testing (CIEST) at CU Boulder, in affiliation with the Civil, Environmental, and Architectural Engineering (CEAE) department, encourages applications for an Engineering Project Manager position to support a 3-year Department of Energy research project! The project will target state-of-the-art restoration technologies for critical infrastructure. Administered under the Advanced Research Projects-Agency (ARPA-E), REPAIR will establish a framework of physical testing and modeling to improve the performance and longevity of existing natural gas pipeline infrastructure. This project will span multiple universities and intersect with partners across gas utilities and regulatory agencies to translate the developed knowledge and technologies into engineering practice.
A successful applicant will join a multidisciplinary research team of engineers utilizing the broad testing capabilities of CIEST, which includes the Geotechnical Centrifuge, Structural Dynamics, and Materials Testing Laboratories. Under common management, the Center makes its outstanding testing capabilities and research personnel available to academic, government, and industry users from a wide variety of engineering and earth science fields.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
Founded in 1893, CEAS is the second largest of seven schools and colleges at one of the nation's top public research institutions. As the University of Colorado's flagship university, CU Boulder has selective admissions standards and a comprehensive array of undergraduate and graduate programs.
The college’s mission is to generate new knowledge in engineering and related fields and to equip students from a diverse set of backgrounds to become leaders and citizens responsible for the improvement of individuals and society. Our vision is to be a recognized world leader for excellence and innovation in engineering research and education, with an emphasis on inclusive excellence, active learning, and global society.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Direct operations of an applied research project to ensure scientific breakthroughs and impact are achieved in accordance with sponsor expectations.
- Advise PIs and Department Research Administrators (DRAs) in the execution of Statements of Work (SOW), the establishment of a critical-path, project budget, and project outcomes.
- Act as the primary resource for PI in drafting partner communication plans, annual reports, and event management.
- Act as a primary contact for university, regulatory, and government partners, and proactively communicate project risks/obstacles to internal leadership and external partners; develop appropriate risk mitigation strategies and plans.
- Manage the cost and schedule aspects of the project in coordination with PI and technical teams. In addition, ensure project operations are aligned with university policy and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate performance of multiple subcontracts and vendors. This includes coordinating operations between subcontractors spanning multiple time-zones and creating a culture of inclusion for all scientific and administrative partners.
- Implementation and oversight of laboratory safety procedures and associated training of staff and students.
- Oversight of project/laboratory operations, working with staff and students to complete project achievements.
What You Should Know
Project funding available to support position for 3-years with possible extension based on the availability of funds and projects.
What We Can Offer
The salary range for this position is $65,000 - $80,000 annually.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Innovative. Be Engaged. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- 5 years of Project Management experience in engineering or construction projects, academic/industry research, or related experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite.
What You Will Need
- Ability to work and communicate optimally and professionally with diverse groups of students, researchers, industry representatives, and faculty.
- Attention to detail, workmanship, quality, efficiency, and safety procedures.
- Ability to identify, establish, and manage critical path activities.
- Customer service oriented approach for managing internal and external partners.
- Demonstrated high-level administration and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work within a sophisticated, dynamic, matrixed structure across colleges and university administration.
- Curiosity and interest in engineering problems and associated academic research.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Graduate degree in structural, materials science, geotechnical, electrical, mechanical, aerospace, computer science, or other engineering subject areas.
- PMP or similar credentials.
- Experience with programming and operation of servo-controlled hydraulics including high-speed dynamic and/or shake table applications.
- Instrumentation, electronics, and programming experience with various sensors, data acquisition, and/or signal processing including experimental design and interpretation.
- Software experience in LabVIEW, MatLAB, MTS suites, Excel, CAD, Solidworks, DIC, etc.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- Cover Letter
- Proof of Degree
- The document uploaded for Proof of Degree can be a Transcript which shows the date the degree was conferred; Copy of Diploma; or official letter from the Registrar or the Dean of the School or College conferring the degree.
- If your degree was obtained outside of the United States, please submit a translated version (if applicable).
During the application process you will need to enter contact information for one reference who will be contacted to provide a letter of recommendation and additional materials, if needed, as the search progresses.
Review of applications will begin on March 8, 2021 and continue until the position is filled.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Engineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder