Production Lab Assistant
The Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics (LASP) is looking for a reliable, detail oriented individual to join the Production team and assist multiple labs with everyday production tasks, as well as learn and perform some specific lab tasks requiring the use of solvents and chemicals.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
LASP leads with a science driven approach and is the only research institute in the world that has sent at least one instrument to the sun, the moon, every planet in the solar system, Pluto, and beyond. We are a non-profit organization with over 500 professionals and over 100 students with broad technical capabilities who highly value our culture of excellence.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Perform assigned production tasks using solvents or chemicals such as coating screws with lubricant and cleaning electrical circuit boards.
- Ensure production equipment remains in calibration.
- Work in precision cleaning lab to clean spaceflight hardware and assist in the training of students in this area as needed.
- Manage the inventory of production/lab materials and supplies and place orders as the need arises.
- Facilitate the request and purchase of production equipment with the production manager and production staff.
- Assist in the organization and overall cleanliness of production areas.
- Work with production manager to identify priority areas needing attention on a daily or weekly basis.
- Move production jobs between different work cells when called upon.
- Coordinate students working in these lab areas as needed.
What You Should Know
Must be a U.S. citizen in order to be considered.
What We Can Offer
The hiring rate is $18.50 - $20.00 per hour.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Dynamic. Be Engaged. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Technical degree or two years of professional experience including laboratory or production experience.
- U.S. Citizen.
What You Will Need
- Sophisticated Excel Skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong attention to detail.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Experience working with inventory.
- Proven understanding of MS Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Experience working in a production or laboratory environment with delicate or critical hardware.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by March 7, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu