Professional Research Assistant
The newly established Halil Aydin lab is a biochemistry and cell biology lab that is interested in understanding how proteins assemble into multi-component, dynamic complexes to regulate the structure and function of cellular organelles. We probe the molecular mechanisms of cellular functions using structure-function based approaches, cell biology tools, protein biochemistry, biophysics, electron cryo-microscopy (cryo-EM), and other structural methods. In addition to these potential research areas, the candidates, who would like to gain more experience in structural biology will also have the opportunity to develop new skills in research related to structure determination and electron microscopy. The laboratory provides a rich training environment and access to cutting-edge techniques.
This work will allow research scientists to learn multiple techniques in cell culture and recombinantly produce proteins with unique properties that have broad application in medicine, biotechnology, and industry.
Ideal for a recent graduate looking to gain more experience before applying to graduate school or industry jobs.
For more information, please visit https://www.colorado.edu/biochemistry/halil-aydin
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
Since 1986, Biochemistry at the University of Colorado at Boulder has offered a world-class interdisciplinary research environment in a breathtaking mountain setting. Faculty includes a Nobel Laureate, five members of the National Academy of Sciences, three Howard Hughes Investigators, and many other esteemed scientists who have established themselves as research leaders within biochemistry.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Participate in research projects.
- Responsibilities will include maintaining cell lines, growing adherent and suspension cells, working with stable cell lines and baculovirus (or similar) transduction-based system, and performing experiments related to protein expression, purification, and characterization.
- The candidate may also engage in biochemical and biophysical experiments in the study of proteins depending on the candidate’s background and previous experience.
What You Should Know
The start date is flexible within the year 2021.
We celebrate diversity and prioritize inclusiveness in our team. We encourage individuals committed to promoting kindness, diversity, equity, and inclusion to apply for these positions.
What We Can Offer
Salary range is $35,568-$45,000.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Accomplished. Be Imaginative. Be Boulder.
What We Require
Bachelor’s degree in biological sciences, biochemistry, or biophysics.
What You Will Need
- Some experience in cell culture or purification protocols for protein production.
- Ability and willingness to troubleshoot and learn new techniques.
- Excellent digital record-keeping skills.
- Enjoy working in a collaborative environment.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Experience in molecular and cellular biology or biochemistry.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- Resume/CV: Please include name and contact information of 3 references in CV.
- Cover letter should include a statement that highlights your experience and future goals.
During the application process, you will need to enter contact information for one reference and we will request a letter of recommendation and additional materials if needed, as the search progresses.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Halil Aydin
Posting Contact Email: Halil.Aydin@colorado.edu
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Pharmacology Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder