NCWIT Office and Logistics Coordinator
The National Center for Women & Information Technology (NCWIT) encourages applications for an Office and Logistics Coordinator ! The duties of this position span three core areas that support the organization’s members, programs, and operating teams in fulfillment of the NCWIT mission:
- Outreach: This position is responsible for the distribution of NCWIT resources, “swag”, and other materials ordered by partners. This includes assuring that the fulfillment of thousands of orders annually, each with many individual pieces, is handled in an efficient, timely, trackable, and reportable manner.
- Office Management: This position is responsible for the overall management and oversight of NCWIT’s off-campus office space. This includes serving as the building proctor, managing space, office reception oversight, shipping/receiving, fulfilling general clerical duties, and acting as a liaison between NCWIT staff and University service departments.
- Travel: This position is responsible for all operational aspects of NCWIT’s overall travel process, including developing and improving all travel-related procedures, ensuring travel compliance, and coordinating employee travel and reimbursements.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
NCWIT is a coalition of more than 1,400 corporations, universities and non-profits working to significantly increase girl's/women's participation in computing. A prominent national computing organization, NCWIT raises operating funds through government grants and corporate gifts. The organization’s operating procedures span support for University staffing, financial and legal procedures, and the handling of non-profit governance procedures.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Outreach and Resource Distribution, Fulfillment
- Manages external fulfillment vendors and ensures that NCWIT distribution requirements are met. Prioritizes resource requests, figures out the best way to fill requests, and communicates professionally with requester and recipients. Oversees the successful execution of receiving, warehousing, and order fulfillment and maintains a comprehensive understanding of all available printed and online resources and swag.
- Manages inventory of NCWIT resources, swag, and other tangible materials, which may be under our own physical control, or external, including maintaining an accounting of physical inventory.
- Collaborates with NCWIT staff and partners on resource requests for new and existing events and other distribution opportunities, including planning for new resource launches, ongoing distribution to certain partners or venues, and running special mailing campaigns.
- Collaborates with the Communications team to ensure timely replenishment of printed resources, plan for resource de-circulation and archival, maintain a calendar of events, and establish appropriate timelines for event order and fulfillment.
- Supports staff, consultants, and members with a significant review of orders and offers suggestions based on partner feedback and internal distribution practices.
- Collaborates with internal and external evaluators to ensure all relevant data is collected accurately.
- Serves as building proctor and handles the NCWIT off-campus office space including shared areas, conference rooms, storage, and workstations. Liaises and communicates between landlords, property managers, building occupants, and University service departments for work requests, safety, maintenance issues, and emergencies, and acts as primary contact for emergency response.
- Performs receptionist duties: greets visitors, answers and directs phone calls, receives and sorts incoming mail and deliveries, manages outgoing mail, and maintains office supply inventory. Coordinates as necessary with the US Post Office and CU Distribution Services.
- Leads student assistants and coordinates workloads such that NCWIT’s administrative needs are met. This includes hiring the appropriate number of student assistants, training, and supervising the assistants.
- Coordinates security by ensuring that procedures are in place and carried out for locking the office space. Coordinates access to office space via CCURE system, works with CU access services, landlord, and property manager as necessary.
- Serves as liaison between NCWIT staff and the Office of Information Technology, assists with handling and maintaining IT infrastructure and equipment, procures equipment, and provides administrative support for internal tech tools.
- Acts as back-up purchaser for all NCWIT CU and non-profit purchase requests.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for the NCWIT Board of Directors. This includes maintaining appropriate BOD files (minutes, member files, board votes, etc), initiating and maintaining relationships with BOD Assistants, maintaining BOD database entries and mailing lists, and corresponding with high level computing executives.
- Plans a variety of events including conference booths and receptions, Board of Directors meetings and phone calls, and both formal and informal office meetings.
- Provides other administrative support such as scheduling group meetings, filing, maintaining calendars, doing research, and creating reports, and other duties as assigned.
- Arrange and provide guidance on travel for approximately 40 NCWIT staff members.
- Define, implement, and improve travel arrangements and reimbursement processes for both NCWIT staff and non-employees.
- Maintain travel profiles, ensure travel authorization, and process travel expense reports for NCWIT core staff as prescribed by the University Concur system.
- Review and process non-employee and non-profit consultant reimbursement requests.
- Train staff and consultants and ensure their compliance with all NCWIT and CU travel policies and procedures.
- Define group travel procedures and work with up to 200-300 non-employee participants to explain and process travel and expense reimbursements adhering to University or non-profit procedures.
What We Can Offer
The salary range for this position is $48,0000 - $49,500 annually.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Proactive. Be Supportive. Be Boulder.
What We Require
Four years of experience working in a professional office environment. Appropriate education will substitute on a year for year basis.
What You Will Need
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, Google Suite, and Adobe.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong professional interpersonal and communications skills.
- Willingness to learn new technology tools.
- Ability to maintain accuracy with electronic records.
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities, often under time pressures.
- Ability to work independently, with a strong team environment.
- Ability to analyze problems and propose solutions.
- Ability to anticipate and understand the needs of staff, customers, and vendors.
- Ability to adjust to shifting priorities.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Bachelor's degree.
- Two years of experience working in a professional office environment.
- Experience in a nonprofit or higher-ed environment.
- Passion for NCWIT's mission.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by March 10, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Alumni Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder